Need Proto-Type Car for Production of Silicone Vacuum Hose kits ->

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
I am making an announcement on behalf of the owner of HoseTechniques.com.

Hose Techniques would like to make a model-specific silicone hose vacuum/accessories kit for the Turbo Buicks (moreso the 86/87 cars, but also open to hot-airs as well).

They need a bone stock or near stock car with all the stock sized vacuum lines/fittings in places from which to measure.

They will need your vehicle for several days to take all the measurements.

Your vehicle will be stored in a indoor, secure warehouse.

If you are the proto-type donor, you will receive the first full kit, in whatever color you want, for FREE

If you are in the Torrance, CA area and are interested in doing this please contact Me (dan@g-body.org).

As per the owenr of Hose Techniques:
I would bring him (GN or Sy/Ty) in and design a SVH kit for the original vehicle. I would also like to measure all of the Turbo Hoses and make a hose up-grade kit as well.

The basic requirements for making up-grade kits are:

1. All original (no air filter kits or Optima batteries). I need to take "before" pix.

2. Engine bay should be showroom clean. Dirty engines are a bear to work on. I install hoses one section at a time and take pictures. A
typical photo session will be about 100+ pictures on my digital camera. Prototyping can take up to 3 quiet days. I usually like to do these over the week end when there is no phone ringing.

3. The completed kit can be left on the car or I can convert back to original. I do not make any modifications where I can not put back to
original.

Once the kits are made they will be available for distribution/sale to anyone. I know Keith of Mease Performance and Eric of Dynotech Performance and likely the other shops we have connections to in the tri-state area will pick-up a few sets.

This is a good time to help develop a new product for our aging cars. Since more and more of the GM replacement hoses are becoming or destined to become discontinued this will help prolong the supply with a new, and long-lasting replacement custom taylored to the vehicle.

Essentially, as soon as they have a Turbo Buick from which to take measurements from, they will make the kit.

Also, they are looking to do a kit for a Syclone/Typhoon, so if anyone knows a friend from that area, bring them along.

Hey Dan, I see you have been talking to Luckey. I spoke with him today about making longer transition or reducer hoses for the PTE front mount. I have the black hoses that come with it and I don't like them. A guy at Norwalk this year blew one with 28lbs. of boost and ruined his hoodliner. I got some blue ones from Ramchargers and they are only 3 inches long and thats not long enough. Luckey needs someone with a Precision front mt.to make up some hoses and he said he will make them 4 ply and guarantee them not to split or he will give them new ones. I've got to send him some pics this weekend. He wants to get into the Buick market and make us what we need. I'm gonna post for a donor in another thread for the reducer hoses. If anyone interested e mail me at GNERGY@aol.com
Tarey D.

14,000 mile GN

I have a 14,000 mile car which they are welcome to use.
Bruce
WE4

I revived this thread. I'm tired of all the cracked vacuum hoses. Darkfa8 gave me a contact to Hose Techniques and I contacted a friend in Willminton who can loan (Hose Techniques) a 87 T-Type. So, hopefully Hose Techniques will build a SVH Kit for our Buicks soon. I also inquired about production of Black Oxide hose clamps and they will consider making those also. Very nice people to talk to.

I got tired of waiting for this to happen. So I looked at another thread regarding silicone vacuum hose and ordered the amount listed and started replaceing all the hard plastic line with silicone vacuum hose. I did order from Hose Tech. I also changed all turbo hoses to black silicone. I have not completed the the vacuum hose routing yet, but I'm close.

Darkfa8 previously posted these sizes and lengths:
Total Lengths For Car
4mm = 122"
6mm = 147"
8mm = 46.5"

My order was this:

4mm = 11 ft
6mm = 13 ft
8mm = 4 ft

I competed the installation yesterday evening. The length for the 4mm hose is about 2.5 feet too short. If you order the additional 2.5 feet (for a total of 13.5 feet of 4mm hose), the hose will reach all the way to the firewall for the vent controls and heater valve. Since the length was a little short, I cut the plastic hose, just beneath the AC receiver/dryer and attached a length of 4mm silicone vacuum hose to the heater valve and a length of 4mm hose to the tee (control valve) for the vent controls. I will also have enough 6mm hose to replace the hose for the cruise control brake switch. Also, there is enough 8mm hose to replace all the charcoal cannister hose. The 13.5 feet of 4mm hose will allow the replacement of the hose to the vacuum reservoir (for vent control) in the drivers side fender well. Also, the heater valve port is too small for the 4mm hose, so you'll have to leave a length of plastic hose connected to the original fitting and connect 4mm hose to the plastic hose and port.