Need some advice, new wheels and tires rub.

racing1g

Hey guys i'm in need of a little advice. I recently purchased some Boss 338 wheels and M/T street comp tires and after mounting there seems to be some touching on the frame rail. I checked clearance on everything with a friends exact same wheels but different tires. o_O I need about 3/4" more room to keep from rubbing and i'm not sure what route I need to take. The rears are 18x9.5", 5"b/s, and 275/40/18s mounted up. Any advice is appreciated guys!

An easy fix would be to install longer studs (for safety) and then use a spacer (probably 3/4") and you should be fine...

Good luck,

Claude. ;)

How much room is there on the outside ??
Moving the wheel out 3/4" could give you more issues on the outside also.
Measure inside clearance and outside clearance (suspension compressed) and split the difference.

Depending on how much space you have between the body lip and outside of the tire, T-CHRD's suggestion will probably work.

If there isn't quite enough clearance , use a BFH on the frame rail to make a little more. :D

Well guys, I think we got it figured out. It was out of wack on just the drivers side and not by much, ended up using the BFH mod and it fits snug as a bug now! It wasn't my preferred method but it didn't really take much, I do believe a frame notch is in my future though. Thanks for all the advice!

Well guys, I think we got it figured out. It was out of wack on just the drivers side and not by much, ended up using the BFH mod and it fits snug as a bug now! It wasn't my preferred method but it didn't really take much, I do believe a frame notch is in my future though. Thanks for all the advice!

The notch is what I did..... did a little shoring up on the control arms at the same time, love it. :cool:

If a half inch more will do on the rear, you could replace your stock wheel studs with 2" studs and space the wheel out a half-inch with universal spacers. The longer studs are a must. I know they sell both 1/4 and 7/16" spacers at any parts chain store.