You can type here any text you want

need some advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

231carlo

I'm trying to get my car into the mid 7s in a 1/8 on street tires. Was wondering what i would need to upgrade to get there, my build set up is a 3.8 punched .30 over, forged pistons, stock head, cam, intake, ta48 turbo, 2.5in down pipe jet coated, msd 50lbs injectors, kb cai with k&n air filter, 3000 fuddle stall and monster built tranny. I have it running on e85 25/23 timing and 20psi with zero knock, at the moment I'm running 8.40@83mph with a 1.91 60 footer on 235/60/15....any thoughts would be nice.

Thanks Nick

Champion heads or ported irons reason I ask I've been told port job cost the same as the champions and thanks for the fast reply

get a set of max ported iron from nick at www.arizonagn.com

while your at it replace the intake with a champion one and im sure you will hit your goal

stickier tires won't hurt.
how is your suspension set up? if it's stock or set up to burn around corners, you are leaving a lot on the table at the drag strip.. my old Nova did similar times and speeds to what you are doing, and it was leaving a cool pair of black stripes on the pavement all the way thru first gear and halfway thru second.. but it was set up to corner and had low profile 16" tires on it.

Thanks boost231......and on the tires we can't run any tires less then 200 wear rate for the street tire class we have here

It's stock....leaving at 2-3lbs I can get down the track without spinning. My best run is a 8.35@82.7 with a 1.83 60 footer tires at 15psi

It's stock....leaving at 2-3lbs I can get down the track without spinning. My best run is a 8.35@82.7 with a 1.83 60 footer tires at 15psi
The answer will be a combination of intake, sticky tires and frame braces and poly body bushings. I am running at 8.015 @ 85.64 in the 1/8 ans 1.818 sixty foot. This is on 93 octane and meth at 18 degrees timing at 20 lbs boost. Brad

If you don't want to go through the trouble of engine disassembly then the easiest way to get there is turn up the boost!!! 6 more lbs of boost theorectically = 60hp or 6mph that would give you a possible 7.80@89mph. Provided that you don't get any knock or loose power on the top end. Everyones first instinct is to always advise that you buy more parts when the truth is you have enough hardware to reach your goals right now. Ported heads will allow you to do easier at the same 20psi boost level but is not necessary nor is the Champion intake for that matter as the stock intake has been in the 10's with mild porting. I would suggest that you tune your way to the magical 7.9xx and then start adding the other parts to see what type of true gain you are getting from adding them. So many people on here buy so much sh** that they really don't need before they ever even max out there combo. At your current times listed you're sitting at a 13.0 in the 1/4 a 7.9xx will put you in the 12.2-4 range depending on your 60 ft. Oh yeah........get you some real tires. As your power goes up so will those 1.9XX 60fts.

Ballast, shocks, heads, turbo and practice. If running the stock intercooler I'd bypass it if running e85 after those airflow mods.

Thanks guys....intercooler would make it to easy, I'm wanting to see how far I can push the hot air set up.

. This is the a video of us playing Thursday night when I find the link to the rules ill post them up to

BOOSTMASTER is right. :):) More boost.. Bison has some GOOD points. If you are running E85, hopefully it is a Turbotweak chip controlling ECM. Did not see if you are using a E85 pump or not. At this point I would think you have more on the table with e85. I would ease up to the recommend 6lb and then check scan tool to see if knock exist. If no knock, continue in 2lb increases. Only other issue you will get is less traction with more boost... You are going to to practice launch until you can launch with less spin...

At about 22-23psi of boost it start to read knock. Yes it has a tt chip, scanmaster, 87 ecm, coil, maf, hot wire kit, walbro 340 pump

At about 22-23psi of boost it start to read knock. Yes it has a tt chip, scanmaster, 87 ecm, coil, maf, hot wire kit, walbro 340 pump

Might be starting to lean out at that point. Try bumping your fuel pressure up a few pounds to see if the knock goes away. But I'd say that 50lb injectors are pretty small for E85.

How much boost should a e85 hot air beable to take without needing new head gaskets again

Thanks for the advice, but I think its more or less maxed out the way it is now. Without head work, intake, or even a cam its not going to make it. Maybe on a set of Slicks or drag radials but I can use that in the street tire class I run in. The way Eric made the chip its set at 25/23 timing 20/22 boost so at 26 something will go wrong fast.

Thanks for the advice, but I think its more or less maxed out the way it is now. Without head work, intake, or even a cam its not going to make it. Maybe on a set of Slicks or drag radials but I can use that in the street tire class I run in. The way Eric made the chip its set at 25/23 timing 20/22 boost so at 26 something will go wrong fast.

Ok dude have it your way. The parameters on the chip are set up to insure that your injectors deliver enough fuel @ the rated 20psi at a predetermined duty cycle. You can offset that buy raising the boost and / or the fuel pressure. Besides I think most TT chips are adjustable. Do you know how many people on this board are running 24,25,30 psi on a 20psi chip? Countless, but have it your way. I'm trying to tell you the most cost effective way to get you to where you want to be, but you can only lead a horse to water so I'm out. I'm sure you'll make it either way but the difference will be 0 dollars and a couple thou more. Good Luck!!

Back