Need Some Advice

mike

I need some advice as to what I'm going to do to my car for next year. I blew my motor up at the track a few weeks ago and now I'm gonna build something real fast now. First, I want to be as fast as possible but still pass emissions.

Here is what I have so far: stock block .30" over, steel main caps, TRW pistons, GN1's, Speedpro.

What size turbo should I go with?
Which cam?
Should I have the heads ported?
What size T&D rockers?

I was thinking about a 70bb with not a big cam, but will I be able to pass emissions?

I really appreciate your help.

Originally posted by mike
I need some advice as to what I'm going to do to my car for next year. I blew my motor up at the track a few weeks ago and now I'm gonna build something real fast now. First, I want to be as fast as possible but still pass emissions.

Here is what I have so far: stock block .30" over, steel main caps, TRW pistons, GN1's, Speedpro.

What size turbo should I go with?
Which cam?
Should I have the heads ported?
What size T&D rockers?

I was thinking about a 70bb with not a big cam, but will I be able to pass emissions?

I really appreciate your help.
Are you passing emissions now with the GN-1's? They have the EGR eliminated so that may make it difficult.

-70 sounds good
-212 or 218 cam
-Yes, port them
-1.65's

No one said going real fast easy on the wallet. You will find your repair bills going up more as the ET's go down. Good luck!

Actually, I just bought the heads. Repair bills are ok as long as I go fast. Dad and uncle are my mechanics so I just have to pay for parts. It helps a lot. Thank you.