You can type here any text you want

Need some advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fly89gta

Ok, I just paypaled $$$ for a TE60 turbo :D

The motor will be out of the car soon for some freshening up and some other things

I'm down to either a 208-208 or a 204-214 cam and probably some light port work on the heads...

#1 what cam would you recommend(yes i know this topic has been beaten to death)

#2 What size injectors?

#3 What stall speed on the converter(NOTE:This car will see a fairly good amount of street driving depending on when it's done)

Thanks guys! :)

Stock cam should get you low 11's. Wth mild port work on our heads I'd say at max the 208 would be it. Better to be safe then sorry with the fuel. Siemens 55's and a 5 disc 2800-3000 stall converter.

After the hg fiasco with mine I'll preech fuel till the death. I've got 50's on now and it runs much better up top.

210/205 cam
50# injectors
multi-disc Vigilante 3200 stall

210/205? grrrrrr I guess I'll throw another cam into the decision mix :D:D:D

why a 210/205?

Also I'm not even sure the trans I'm going to run...I have a built 700r4 that can handle mid 11's but not sure if I want to keep it..might go TH400 :D

For strret use. I'd go with a built 200 or the 4l80E(a bit more expensive, but it is a 400 with a 4th gear).

I think CHP did a piece on it not too long ago and said the capacity was somewhere around 700lb/ft(th400 territory with an OD)

Originally posted by Grumpy
a 700R4 will handle what ya have...why waste $$$$ :confused:

because it's a 700r4 and even though it's built to handle it we all know 700r4's are POS's. IMO it's a ticking time bomb ready to go off, I don't want to put all this time and $$ into the motor and grenade the trans in a months time :D

Not sure what I'm going to do yet...

Have your heads flowed, once you know at what point they quit flowing match the cam to that.

Phil

Originally posted by SHRPTTA
Have your heads flowed, once you know at what point they quit flowing match the cam to that.

Phil

good point, right now I think I'm leaning towards the 204-214, not totally sure yet..

The 212-212 on a 112º LSA is a good cam choice as well. Great vacume and idle, and lots of top end charge! For a converter, a 5 disc PI with a #0 pump would be a good choice IMO. As for squirters, the MSD 50's are all you need for a while, and you don't have to have the ECM drivers modified to run'em.

Ok here's my decision so far...

not touching the bottom end as far as upgrades

speedpro 204-214 cam

mildly ported TTA heads with new guides,seals and 3-angle valve job

the TE60 turbo that's on its way

MSD 50's and a reburnt extender chip

some type of solid torque converter for the 700r4(still debating on this)

What do you guys think? Do I have the recipe for a solid street car that will probably only see pump gas?(I won't be running much race gas, I want a quick car on good 'ol 93 or 94 pump gas)

If you can aford it work the heads a little more(not dramatic just open the runners some). Theory has it will let you make the same power without running that detonation prone 20 psi. Just athought.....

If you wanna go cheaper, get an S10 coverter. It is a higher stall than the fbody's and the vettes. Have it rebuilt and and loosend to 3K if you want. I believe it is rated at 2800.

Tony let me know if you decide to use your 700 trans ...i have a PATS convertor for a 700 trans 12" w/lock-up 2800-3000 stall very low miles $200 :)

Thanks Jim

oh that converter was for a 700?

I've heard of Pat's Trans stuff, how good is it? I'm interested :)

Will it hold up to 11 second runs?

Tony yeah Pats are good and he's local ..i don't see why it wouldn't work into the high 11s :)

Jim

Tony, How fast do you want to go? You can stick with the 200r4 or go with the 700r4. What year 700 do you have? If it is 89'or newer you will be fine. The 93' Formula w/Buick v6 I built has a 700 in it. It was freshend up when I did the converson and its been fine. The IROC and Corvette I did also had a 700. No problems! The neet thing about the 700 is its first gear ratio its lower than the 200. So it will 60ft better. Forget the 400 to do it right its $$$$$. And no 4th. gear. As for your cam your car can go in the 10s with a stock cam. As long as your motor is right. My wife did, so can you! At 20lbs of boost! Now about your heads, The power is in the pocket and valve job. I have a TTA hear now I'am building a motor for. You should come down and check it out I can show you the headwork and what has to be done. I'am about 45 min. from you. My shop is at my house so I'am here all the time. If you like TTAs and Turbo Buicks I think you will like it.
Call me, I'll tell you how to get here.

Steve K. 856-881-3235

Steve, I already have a built up 700r4 so i'm gonna stick with that

As far as how fast I want to go, well I don't know exaclty lol

I planned on only going with a TE44 or a TA49 turbo but well, I found a hell of a deal on this TE60 so I guess I'm going faster than I planned lol

The reason the cam is being replaced is because the motor is being pulled, long story behind that which I'll type out when I'm on lunch at work today, I'd like to get your opinion :)

Back