You can type here any text you want

Need some advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Alright Steve, let me pick you brain for a second here...

Here's what happened. The oil filter housing was leaking like a sieve...had that fixed. When picking up the car I noticed this weird sound coming from the motor. Didn't think anything of it, get up the block and BAM, the car does. Apparently the pin that holds the cam sensor gear drive snapped and clogged the oil pump...

Ever since then the lifters sound like a freakin sewing machine, doesn't sound like they're getting oil. The pump is fine, hell even replaced the lifters...still chattering...so that's why the motor is being pulled, and well...it's pointless to put stock parts back in :D ;) :cool:

Also the oil pressure was fine too, I'm totally stumped, I hope it's just a wiped cam or something, hope the motor doens't need to be torn down to the bare block

If the lifters are still clattering and you had that much debris run through the pump, then you most likely have some still left in the oil gallies. You could also have some trash in the lifters. No reason why the lifters shouldnt pump back up if you have good oil pressure.
The stock cam is pretty dam good. I would leave it if the lobes look fine.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
If the lifters are still clattering and you had that much debris run through the pump, then you most likely have some still left in the oil gallies. You could also have some trash in the lifters. No reason why the lifters shouldnt pump back up if you have good oil pressure.
The stock cam is pretty dam good. I would leave it if the lobes look fine.

that's what I'm afraid of, I don't want to have to tear it down to the bare block :(

Tony, I think someone is pulling your pudd.:rolleyes: I wont get to deep into that here. But I think you have it alittle backwards. The oil pump locked up and then the pin broke. As for your oil pressure, that is taken off the end of the pump. You can have good press. there but at the other end you may not. Keep in mind a Chevy eng. takes it off the rear of the eng. You may have wiped a cam bearing and thats why your lifters are making noise.:eek: Anyway email me a phone# and I will call you. Give me a time thats good for you. As for buying a bigger turbo. Always build alittle more power in it. That way you have more when you need it.:D

Steve K.

Back