You can type here any text you want

need some buick 350 info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Just wondering what a 69 4bbl buick 350 has for torque and hp. how many levels of hp were there? This one is in a amc pickup. was told it was factory.
2nd, are they even worth anything? He was asking me if I wanted to buy it but never said a price. He said it should run but didn't know for sure. I didn't bother on asking for a price cause I don't know if they're even worth anything.

I don't remember a 350 buick in any AMC vehicles. They did come in Jeeps (Kaiser) in the late 60's though. You may be looking at a 360 or 403 motor. They look allot like a buick.

Yes you're right. it is in a jeep. But he said it was a 4bbl. From what little info I have found on the internet they came with the 230hp 2bbl motor. No other buick 350 option-here's the other ratings I've found.
280 hp for 4bbl motor
315 hp for "350SP" block

I figured these motors were hopped like a few of the pontiacs were. GUess not. Man, can't imagine having a heavy 350GS and only having that little to pull it around in, that would suck. Aren't those figures are posted as with no accessories:eek:

They were built for torque... correct. HP is one thing, but the torque is very nice.

As for worth, I just picked one up for $350... when I was looking, a couple of runners were available anywhere from $250 to $400.

If you want performance... there is a Twin turbo kit available.. Not too bad a price either:biggrin:

The 350 is one of the "square" engines. What this means is that the bore and the stroke are almost identicle. There's only .060 diff if I remember right. If you go to buick v8.com? you will find a great deal of info. There's even one guy that got 1000 HP (not a misprint) out of a carbed 350. Check it out.

Well bad news. The guy that had it decided to throw it in the scrap trailer. Hopefully I can get over to his friends house to dig it out before it goes out to be beer cans. Woulda been nice of him to tell me he was gonna toss it I woulda come over and get the damn thing. Who throws away treasures like that?:confused:

Must have thought no one would have wanted it. I agree why throw it away if it's good? Unless you're like me....tired of giving away free stuff just so someone else can make a dime....at my expense. :mad:

I planned on hanging on to it actually in case I ever got another regal. But it would probably go if I ever ran across a 455. I'd probably have to build that:biggrin:

I'd definitely do a 455 before a 350 if it weren't too much more expensive. There's something about 370 hp and 510 lbs of torque at a low 2800 that has me going.

A 350 is a stronger block. I'd build it using surplus LC2 parts and even try to cut and weld some intakes and headers to make it look like a factory V8 turbo maybe for a ficticious pace car.

Whoa! Someone's getting some ambitious idea's;) Y'know I actually thought about that beings their the same minus 2 cylinders. Surprised no one has tried it yet. I'm not much of a fabricator (yet I'm attempting to do my own patching and welding on my car:rolleyes: ) but I don't think I would have the time or ambition to finish that and I'd end up with good cut up stock parts, and no one wants that:eek:

Gawd...I did a lot of Buick 350's in my early years. Loved them little buggers. And yes you can get them to run strong. My last one was a 11-1 comp, Isky cam, TA intake, ported heads, headers, etc, and that thing ran strong. Never saw they dyno, but it had to have been pushing 400 hp . With a 350 trans in an 81 Regal, it would fry the tires til the cows came home.

So simple, and bulletproof..ugh... I miss that. But with this turbo setup they have available for it now, it's got me thinking of picking up another Skylark. Maybe even a clean old 77 Regal. Ooooooo, I'd love a 67 Rivvy. Be fun to make some old, heavy Detroit steel scream. With a SMALL block.!

Whoa! Someone's getting some ambitious idea's;) Y'know I actually thought about that beings their the same minus 2 cylinders. Surprised no one has tried it yet. I'm not much of a fabricator (yet I'm attempting to do my own patching and welding on my car:rolleyes: ) but I don't think I would have the time or ambition to finish that and I'd end up with good cut up stock parts, and no one wants that:eek:

Not too bad now... Someone has already fab'd up a twin turbo HA blow-thru kit.

$2400 including turbos;)

But I am planning on a IC'd, intercooled, FI, Buick 350 in a couple of years when I have the room for a full blown project.

They guy who did the TT kit, will pretty much fab anything I need:eek: :eek: Good for the foot, bad for the wallet:tongue:

Yeah I saw that on the v8 board. That's still a lot of cash though. I wonder what a non intercooled puts down for hp and torque. You can get full out race heads for a 455 for about that much.

Back