You can type here any text you want

need some help figuring what stuff is worth

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttaowner

i found a guy at the local swap meet that cleaned out a dead guys garage and he has a ton of stuff i only saw a fraction of it at the swap meet.what i believe i saw was a 4.1 block the reason i think was because it looked like it had 4.1 cast on the top in the back.looked like kenne bell roller rockers with shafts. i saw 12 new gm connecting rods in boxes. there was a new cam? there was a bunch of 4 barrel v6 intakes weiand ,edelbrock, and factory gm. there was 2 cranks and bunch of cast aluminum valve covers and a bunch of exhaust manifolds. supposedly there was bunch more parts that i did not see.

what are the following things worth?

kenne bell roller rockers ?
4.1 block ?
edelbrock 4 barrel v6 carb intake manifold
weiand 4 barrel v6 carb intake manifold
gmaluminum 4 barrel v6 carb intake manifold
gm nos connecting rods each?

I really don't mean to hijack this thread, but maybe somebody out there has a simple fix...I have this 80s Aluminim intake manifold and it has a seazed steel fitting in it, for the Vacmun I guess...It has a 7/8 nut on it.. I have tried soaking it in penetrating oil, heating it, using a 400 ft pound air gun on it, tapping it with a hammer to no avail..I really don't want to rip the threads out ...am afraid that If I go to a big breaker bar I might break a chunk of the manifold out....How do I get this thing out ?? I guess if worse comes to worse I could just weld another steel tube on it and leave the thing in...

Smokin the Buick

Hope the photo comes up of that problem nut..:(

Attachments

• Frozen fitting.jpg
    Frozen fitting.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 236
Smokin the Buick

That fitting leads into the water...Have no idea where water would be going in such small hose. Will keep trying with it,,

That fitting leads into the water...Have no idea where water would be going in such small hose. Will keep trying with it,,

It's not a hose....It's the sleeve for the thermocouple wire that used to be there for water temp. You can just leave it alone other than it being fugly. The Thermocouple is still plugging the hole.

Smokin the Buick

I think you are thinking of the one across from it..This pipe is open all the way into the water jacket..just dropped a wooden match in and it fell into the wather jacket.. the nut is now round...Hitting it with a chisel to jar it...but no good...I think its time for the big guns...going to have to cut it next to the manifold then slice the inside of it and pound it away from the manifold, if that doesn't work I will slice it on both sides and take it out in pieces...Can't have that ugly thing on my manifold. Will just put a brass threaded plug in it.

Smokin the Buick

Welp....heres myfix....Cut the whole thing off...tap it and insert brass plug..This steel fitting has become a part of the manifold now and the wall thickness is about 3/16ths....yea...I know....as we use to say in the army, if you can't get it out of your way run the damn thing over...

If the rockers are new then about $200 for them and the shafts. That's what I paid for mine James.

A factory 4 barrel intake with carb might (on a good day) bring $50. The aftermarket ones will bring between $60 and $100 depending on who wants them.

Vince, quite the hijack and apoligize now.

If the rockers are new then about $200 for them and the shafts. That's what I paid for mine James.

A factory 4 barrel intake with carb might (on a good day) bring $50. The aftermarket ones will bring between $60 and $100 depending on who wants them.

Vince, quite the hijack and apoligize now.

yeah wtf start your own thread!!!!!

thanks charlie. what is the red thingy that appears to have nothing to do with the rockers in my pic? will these roller rockers work on gn1 heads that i have? am i missing anything important to run these other than bolts?
massengineparts005.jpg

massengineparts004.jpg

pics of the whole load

guess i was worth the 2 hour ride 1 way:D

1 of the intakes is a smokey yunick is it worth any more than the $100?

i have 1 maybe 2 brand new gm NOS 14 bolt front covers 1 is in the bolt i believe the 2nd one is new but just had stuff losely bolted to it. what are these worth

a brand new 14 bolt stock oil pan with baffle? how much?

4.1 block no caps bored .020 any idea? could have 4 steel caps put on it? what is it worth?

i have brand new gm 2 dot connecting rods in the boxes. any clue?

there were 4 fwd style heads?

13 rwd heads with diffrent casting #'s on them

what about these pistons cast or forged? there is 2 sets 1 for the 3.8 & 1 set for the 4.1 . are these for turbo or non turbo ? any ideas of value?

there is tons of gaskets especially head gaskets. are turbo and nonturbo head gaskets diffrent?

there was a bunch or bearings

tons of valve springs.

several sets of lifters. are turbo and non turbo the same?

sorry for all the questions but i took a chance hoping that i could use some of this new stuff and sell off what i don't need.

what are the shorty headers worth?

thanks for the help i appreciate it:)

massengineparts001.jpg

massengineparts002.jpg

massengineparts003.jpg

massengineparts006.jpg

massengineparts007.jpg

massengineparts008.jpg

massengineparts009.jpg

massengineparts010.jpg

I see 2 performers, one Smokey intake (no top for it? $50 at best.) and 2 stock 4.1. The square flange one looks like one I've seen for low port heads.

The red thing is a distributor hold down...DOH!.

You're missing some of the parts off the KB rockers though. They're for stock heads so I don't know if they'll fit anything else.

Since I've helped you twice now are you willing to cut me a decent deal on one of the 14 bolt covers James?:confused:

BTW, we really need to teach you how to post smaller pics.:tongue:

I ll give you $250. For the 4.1 block and the front cover. Any more pics of the block-no cracks right? And another $50. For the oil pan.

Back