You can type here any text you want

Need to borrow spring tool...PLEASE???

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Hey Guys, I swapped out valve springs last spring, but never finished the last one on the passenger side...the dreaded A/C box deal. I have seen a few homemade tools out of an old rocker arm and piece of shaft. I need to borrow one to finish this last spring. I kinda forgot about it until I saw the box sitting with 1 spring in it. I will pay for using, but I really need to get this done.

Thanks
Coach

Im in the middle of moving right now. All garage stuff is packed up in a store-n-lock. If I had it within reach I would ship it out to you tomorrow.

Sorry. It will be a few weeks before unpacking begins.

ED

I did mine 2 months ago and I used a 2 foot crowbar screwdriver.I wedged the screwdriver by the fire wall somewhere firm and I pushed down the spring, and with a magnet antenna I got the locks off. I hand to do the last 2 that way.You must have patients.Good luck.

Neither of those will work. One is for heads off the engine, the other is for stud mounted rockers.

I've got one Coach, but it may take a week to find it.

I will probably get to that next weekend. Got alot of other things to do first. Anyone who can help me out, it will not be forgotten.

Coach

My shipping address is
DONNIE SCHANZ
19416 BOONE ST
MEADVILLE,PA 16335

I've got one, Coach... even though it's borrowed from Windmill... I'm sure he won't mind if I send it to you to use.... I can get it on the way to you Monday... it's the kind you refer to in your post... old modified rocker and piece of shaft, with a nut welded on the rocker so you use socket/ratchet or a box wrench to compress the spring.... works great and no problem on #6... let me know...

My address is in the post above yours. Send it out with return info and I will return with a refund of the amount it costs to send it.

Thanks a million.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Will do... got in front of me in a padded envelope.... the air press. adapters for the spark plug hole for holding the valves up are in the bag, but I highly recommend using the 'rope trick' to hold them up as opposed to air..... sometimes you have to wiggle things around to get the locks out, and you can lose air that way.... with the rope packed in there, no such worries... I'll confirm it's on the way Monday....:)

Tool is on the way, Coach.... priority mail... should get it in a couple days...:wink:

Just saw this Donnie, Sorry

I would have sent you one to keep.

I have a few Revisions I have made to get one that works best.

The best handle I have found uses a 3/8" extension, so I can change up the lenth and add a swivel to get around some other stuff.

I'd post pics but I haven't made a pretty one yet. :rolleyes:

If you didn't get one yet let me know.

Just saw this Donnie, Sorry

I would have sent you one to keep.

I have a few Revisions I have made to get one that works best.

The best handle I have found uses a 3/8" extension, so I can change up the lenth and add a swivel to get around some other stuff.

I'd post pics but I haven't made a pretty one yet. :rolleyes:

If you didn't get one yet let me know.

Dont sweet it. Brian has got one on the way. I will only need it for 10 min that is what sucks.

Thanks
Donnie

Just saw your post i have one also. Well if you ever need one again iam a bit closer than these other guys.

Back