Need to quiet down 3" single shot

Tfreestyle

before you say search I did and didnt really get a complete answer to my question, atleast not specifically. I got my 86 with a single shot 3" exhaust without cats and with what i believe to be a dynomax ultraflow Dynomax Performance 24222 - Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded Mufflers - summitracing.com
Ive been driving it alot lately and its just getting kinda annoying. I love loud exhausts but when I get on it its just too damn loud for what it is, I cant even hear my t70 turbo spooling.

I have a dump and my buddies unhooked it without telling me one day. I just start up the car and drive away trying to figure out why I lost some bottom end power, You cant even tell the difference in sound. I plan on getting an electric valve for when I want the crazy loud again but what would be the quietest muffler on a single shot? I dont want to do more then possibly cut out the current muffler and weld in a new one, no dual set ups I just dont have the cash for anything like that. Im not really looking for a very quiet exhaust(which isnt even possible on a 3" single) but just something more bareable for street use. I might be willing to put in a catalytic converter if that would really help and if I would have a shot in hell to pass cali smog with a built motor.

add another dynax race bullet it will quite it down some more, the power will still be there just a bit quieter.

Fixed mine with a Sawzall years ago. :biggrin: Jack Cotton warned me when I bought it that it would be loud and he was right. Ended up going with a Hooker dual system with Aerochamber mufflers and one of our electric exhaust cutouts when I want to be louder.:smile:

I have an 3'' single exhaust that a local muffler shop made for me and it is very quiet. I have a aero chamber muffler in the normal location and a moroso muffler where the cat converter was. :D

I have a 3" magnaflow muffler, it's dead quiet at an idle, you can hear it when I floor it, but it's still pretty quiet...

mines quiet.....

when its not running, otherwise its loud as heck! but no backpressure!

I have a 3" magnaflow muffler, it's dead quiet at an idle, you can hear it when I floor it, but it's still pretty quiet...

I was thinking of getting a magnaflow even though I didnt see alot of guys using them. Any clue what model one you have or something similar? Ive had good results with magnaflows in the past on other cars(mustangs, trucks, etc).

LOL...Lee that's good...turn the radio up ;)

I wish my radio worked that well haha. I kinda want to get the cops alittle off my ass too. whenever I drive down the street I just see heads turn. I took the car for a test drive yesterday and when I pulled into the driveway my mom was out there and she goes... I heard you from around the block, you need to shut that thing up.

nothing will quiet it down better then a cat in my experience ! and if you DO install the electric dump valve you will have all the power when you need it ,I would go that way ;)I used to have 3 inch single shot but now I am back to 2.5 Dual Hooker because of the noise :eek:

The Magnaflow on my car came with the GBodyParts 3" single shot exhaust... I'm sure Brian could sell you just a muffler if you sent him a PM or E-Mail...