You can type here any text you want

Need Trans Advice?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scpls19398

Hot Air Fan
Alright, Here is the setup, 71 Z28, Fatnam Fab front clip w/QA-1 coilovers, Detroit Speed and engineering rear susp., should weigh around 3700lbs. Turbo Buick with a strong bottom end, CPT 70 bb s-trim, 4"in, 2.5" out, Ta headers, 3.5" Ta downpipe, Fast xfi(still not positive on this), waiting on putting on the front end and radiator to decide if stock location or front mount intercooler, Razor Alky, 83lbs injectors, etc. My goals is to have this car run mid 11's on the street and 11.oo's at the track at 18 psi. I really would like an overdrive transmission as it will be a street car. Anyone want to assist with advice?? Build a 2004r?

Any of these Guys can build you a stout 2004R. If you plan to do it your self get CK's book.

Sorry I forgot the link with list of builders.:rolleyes: Another post from A2000Rich/ Richard Clark @AMI is in Burlington, NC. I'm not sure if he's a 2004R builder but you can check with him. One on the list in is in Tenn.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/84598-i-want-everybody-know-exactly-who-who.html

I'd like to find one as close to Mid Ga. myself to cut out shipping $$. I don't know anyone around here that knows very much about a 2004R. Some close to my local say they can build one but the few I've rode in shift terribly harsh, parts breaking harsh.:eek:

Sorry I forgot the link with list of builders.:rolleyes: Another post from A2000Rich/ Richard Clark @AMI is in Burlington, NC. I'm not sure if he's a 2004R builder but you can check with him. One on the list in is in Tenn.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/84598-i-want-everybody-know-exactly-who-who.html

I'd like to find one as close to Mid Ga. myself to cut out shipping $$. I don't know anyone around here that knows very much about a 2004R. Some close to my local say they can build one but the few I've rode in shift terribly harsh, parts breaking harsh.:eek:

South East Turbo around Atlanta sells trannys from PTS. EXCELLENT TOUGH TRANNY'S. They are on the home page of this board.

Back