You can type here any text you want

need turbo help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bearnone

joe bear
i have a 85 gn i need to :confused:replace the stock turbo i think its the ta33c or could i get a different one that would bolt right on and where could i buy one thanks for any help

i have a 85 gn i need to :confused:replace the stock turbo i think its the ta33c or could i get a different one that would bolt right on and where could i buy one thanks for any help

You have a Ta33 that needs service ? Just send it out to get rebuild, try blasstperformance, i think it's 150 plus shipping(to/from canada) ust make sure you want it just as it was, same seal etc etc. I think hotair needs carbon seal not dynamic.

Or try some other turbo rebuilders, some members should throw some names out, gpopshop.com etc

Precision Turbo in Indiana can take care of you as well. They are on this website as well. Brad

for those more who are a little more adventurous........

carbon seal back plates are available for most any turbo application.

A.j.

im sorry about all the questions.does a ta49 fit. lol thanks

The Precision TBO 330 is a stock hot air turbo. The TA49 is an intercooled 86/87 turbo upgrade which will not fit unless you reclock it, make a turbo adapter and change the seals to carbon. You can have Precision convert your stock turbo to a TA33C which is a TA49 compressor installed in a hot air housing. This turbo is the only bolt on upgrade available for a hot air. Brad

The Precision TBO 330 is a stock hot air turbo. The TA49 is an intercooled 86/87 turbo upgrade which will not fit unless you reclock it, make a turbo adapter and change the seals to carbon. You can have Precision convert your stock turbo to a TA33C which is a TA49 compressor installed in a hot air housing. This turbo is the only bolt on upgrade available for a hot air. Brad

Not true any more Brad. The good dr has been making some upgraded backing plates so you can add a bigger turbo to a HA car.:biggrin:

Not true any more Brad. The good dr has been making some upgraded backing plates so you can add a bigger turbo to a HA car.:biggrin:

This is good to know and it gives me bad ideas which a long cold winter will surely kill off!! Thanks- Brad

This is good to know and it gives me bad ideas which a long cold winter will surely kill off!! Thanks- Brad

Send Aj a PM and wait on a response Brad. He really does have some special parts to upgrade both the C/T and the HA cars.:biggrin:

Here are pics of a 87 Turbo modified to fit a HA car... notice housings been rotated (reclocked) as well
look familiar dr frankenstein ;)

Attachments

• Turbo pics 032.jpg
    Turbo pics 032.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Turbo pics 027.jpg
    Turbo pics 027.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 168
Back