You can type here any text you want

need twin turbo suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
So i've decided to go twin turbo on my s2 headed 274. What sizes have guys run and been successful with? my car's got some weight to it (2900 with me in it) I want to run solid, consistent mid 8's or better. Car is backhalfed with 15"x32.5" tires, so traction isn't a problem. Any suggestions and theories would be greatly appreciated!

Freddy

In a 3100# GN we ran twin 67's to get low 8's, and this was with a 210 cu.in. stage engine. :)

Get two 67's and don't be worried about upgrading later...

All other things assumed nice at that weight, anything like a pair of 49's or bigger should get you in the 8's...

Thanks fellas, great info!

Let me ask you something else, what would be the easiest way to modify my RJC megacooler for twins? :confused:

Shane, where would i merge the 2 turbo outlets?

I can't believe I can't find a pic for you right now, I will keep looking but basically you want the two tubes to merge before the I/C inlet. I am sure someone will find a pic, if not I will later!

I don't know exactly what your IC end tank looks like, but it might be easier to cut the end and make it a dual inlet. I did this with an old CAS unit; here's a pic:

tuned_on_07.jpg

I would build a crossover and run the turbo you have for sale. Might even go faster:biggrin:

I have them somewhere just can't find them yet... Sorry...

Yeah Chris, that's another option, 'just keepin all avenues open! :biggrin:

Thanks Shane, no real rush, didn't get the bullet back yet anyway

Hi Freddy

there is the y pipe stephane and i built for twin 540 cid

claude

Attachments

• y_pipe_for_twin.jpg
    y_pipe_for_twin.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 168
Jay had several sets of Dawsons made for us. Quality:cool:

Back