Need Wiring Info for Factory LED Boost/Tach

zhorner

Looking to Buy
Welp guys and maybe a few gals, after about a 3 year rebuilding process i finally got my GN back on the road and decided to take the winter to button up all of the small things that bug me. A big one on my list is that the factory boost/tach gauge doesnt work...at all. No power no lights, nothing. It is connected and i tried to trace the wiring harness but wont be able to without tearing the car all to f*ck. Can anyone post up a schematic or tell me where to wires run to? I am a pretty big worm when it comes to electrical stuff so any tips or help here is greatly appreciated.

side note: i know the guages arent very accurate...i just love 80's stlye flashing lights ;)

Thank you for the reply. I plan on sending my unit off to caspers in exchange for a newly calibrated one but would first like to know what wires go where. I would like to have the thing powered correctly before putting in the new unit and since i am lucky enough to have a 4, 5, maybe 6 owner GN :rolleyes: nothing is as it should be with this car.

Check out the wiring diagram here:
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/wiring_images/instrument_cluster.jpg

It is a little fuzzy to read but Section "A blocks 28-30" in the upper left hand corner of the diagram gives you the breakdown for the tach/boost for the analog dash car.

If it were my car, I would check the power and ground to that area first since you cannot see the boost or the tach on the unit.
-Trace the Pink/black power wire back to the Gauge Fuse
-Trace the Ground wire (cannot make out color on diagram)

As a follow-up, I found the Tach/Boost gauge diagram in the factory manual which give a bit of a better view.

Tach_Boost_Gauge diagram.JPG

Check two test plugs behind alternator...the should not be plugged together...that will fix tach.
There's a map sensor on passenger inner fender...make sure its plugged upband a vacumn line connected.

Got my led gauge back from caspers but my boost gauge isn't lighting up. Tach works perfect but no lights on the boost. I checked it while driving at 20 psi and nada. I know it will be off since I have a 3 bar map from razors alky kit but I would still like it to work. boost is reading fine on my PL, Any ideas?

Check the OEM map on inner passenger fender to be plugged in and a vacumn line hooked to it

If you used Razor Alky set with the wiring adapter from tps you had to unplug the stock connector . put the stock 2 bar map sensor back on and plug in and hook a vacuum hose to it and it should work your gauge , do not mess with your 3 bar sensor from alky as it could cause the alky to not work .

nevermind yall im retarded. Its working fine I was just too lazy to lean forward and see that the lights were blocked by the cloudy scratched up outer edge of my plastic overlay. Just went and got some polishing compound and gonna see if I can fix it.

as always, this forums never lets me down. I appreciate the fast replies guys and sorry to waste your time.