You can type here any text you want

Need your opinion...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
saw your post earlier. went out to double check on my own ride. Full right and left turns with no rub. Try turning the wheels to full right and look underneath to see where it rubs. you might need someone to hold the steering wheel in position. these are on stock rims? tie rod? i'm puzzled. I've had 2 sets w 235/60/15s up front. good luck.

Stock rims. I think it is on the passenger side and I am wondering if the weight (they are static-balanced) is getting hung up on somthing.

Although I really dont like big tires in the front anymore, I did have a set of 235/60's on my car back in high school on stock rims and it didnt rub at all. You either have excessive wear on the springs causing them to sag or your alignment is off.

saw your post earlier. went out to double check on my own ride. Full right and left turns with no rub. Try turning the wheels to full right and look underneath to see where it rubs. you might need someone to hold the steering wheel in position. these are on stock rims? tie rod? i'm puzzled. I've had 2 sets w 235/60/15s up front. good luck.

Well...I got the car aligned and NTB took FOREVER to do it! (almost 3 hours!):o They said that they don't see too many of these cars anymore that have to deal with "shimmys". Anyways, it was WAY out of alignment...and is now a bit better but still rubs when turning full right. NTB said it was because I went up in tire size and am not running the spec 215/65/15.

I asked where it was rubbing...answer: tie rod.:mad:

Yes, with shims it can take a few hrs. Be patient (as a person in the business) and let them do it right.

I dont see how a tie rod is causing your problem with stock wheels. You have something else wrong

Just great. Well...I will just have to take it somewhere where it can be put on a lift again so I can walk underneath the car and check it out myself. Arrg.

Thanks for the help. It is very appreciated. :)

Take some pictures of the front of the car. Wheels straight, both sides, and front views. Also wheels turned, etc.

Well...I got the car aligned and NTB took FOREVER to do it! (almost 3 hours!):o They said that they don't see too many of these cars anymore that have to deal with "shimmys". Anyways, it was WAY out of alignment...and is now a bit better but still rubs when turning full right. NTB said it was because I went up in tire size and am not running the spec 215/65/15.

I asked where it was rubbing...answer: tie rod.:mad:

Vader
I don't think the tie rod can rub on the tire with that size and stock wheels. I had GTA rims with 245 up front and no tie rod rub. Now running 235/60/15 stock rims no rub.

Back