You can type here any text you want

Need your opinions please.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
If you had your choice between a Hoosier QTP in a 26x9.5x16, Mickey Thompson Street ET in either a 26x10.5x16, 26x11.5x16, 27x10.5x16, 27x11.5x16, 255x50x16 BFG Drag radial, or an M&H Racemaster in a 305x50x16 what would you choose for strip use?
I need to replace my VERY OLD and worn MT street ET's (26x11.5) before BG and am on the fence with what to buy. I wanted to try the new MT ET radial but they're not available untill late June at best....so now I need to make another choice.
My car has the stock gear, a #6 pump (3800 stall) 5 disc Precision Industries converter, TE45a, and a Stageright T brake. Typically I launch at ~10-15 psi on the T brake, or ~5-8 psi on the footbrake. I would like your opinions and some concrete reasons why I should choose the tire you recommend. I've used or know of someone that has used all of the above tires (on a TR), I'm just making this decision more difficult than it needs to be. HELP!

well how was your car mph in with the ones you had ? running you can decide the size that way. If you are spinning down low and going out of the power band in 3rd you could go to the next larger diameter. If you want it to handel goos on the street go with the drag radials.Or if you were happy the way it was just repeat on the tires and get the same ones.
I have alway liked to go with the drag radials to avoid having to change them out at the track the handel good on the street and hook good for the light to light stuff we all get cought in every so often.

Back