You can type here any text you want

Negative boost pressure on dakota dash

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

billygeg

Just installed my dakota and got the boost running by installing a new vacuum block and putting the sender in the 1/8 NPT thread with teflon tape...I havent driven the car yet as the weather here is horrible..So I just had the car idling in my garage...I am reading like -17 on the boost gauge...Im sure I have everything wired right..Does this sound normal? As I hit the gas with the car idling it goes down toward 0....

can makes vacuum at idle, which is being read as negative psi on the dash.

i heard that if you have too much negative psi, you can suck the turbo into the intercooler!

I new a woman like that once. Hahaahhaahahah
Lmfao! So what you guys are telling me is that its normal I guess? Also the car is basically all stock with a stock turbo..What is a bood number to set the high boost warning at?

Take a look at a vacuum/boost gauge. Before zero is vacuum/negative pressure, past zero is boost. Your dash is correct. As far as boost warning, what's that! :D

The dash comes with warning indicators that you set which warns you if you go over the boost setting you set into the dash

If you're running 93 octane I'd strat w 15lbs that's only if you have a way to monitor knock and 02s..

If you're running 93 octane I'd strat w 15lbs that's only if you have a way to monitor knock and 02s..
I have a scanmaster so I am able to monitor them if I remember how! I started a 85 GN project car I had it in for years then I sold that because it was a little to much to handle...I just got the 87 early this year..So its been a long time..I dont even know what the numbers mean anymore! I gotta check the scanmaster manual if I can find it...

I have a scanmaster so I am able to monitor them if I remember how! I started a 85 GN project car I had it in for years then I sold that because it was a little to much to handle...I just got the 87 early this year..So its been a long time..I dont even know what the numbers mean anymore! I gotta check the scanmaster manual if I can find it...

Start here

http://ihadav8.com/forum/VortexBuicks/

Back