You can type here any text you want

New 275 drag radials for 16in GNX style wheels!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Alright! Im stoked. My M&H 275/55/16 drag radials came in today. I must say that I am very happy with them. They were the only company making a 28in tall 275 size tire for the gnx wheels...They are the largest/widest drag radial available for GNX style 16in rims. They fit just fine on a stock suspension car also.

I can also now hold nearly 5lbs on the street and the do not spin when launched at 5lbs. I honestly am grinning from ear to ear. We will see how long they last, but 2 hard luanches and 25miles on street driving still had not worn the nubs off or made the center smooth of the manufacturing marks so I have high hopes that these will last 10k or more for me if I keep the burn outs to a minimum.:biggrin:

Pics we need pics.

I like the height. Where did u buy them and how much were they?

I bought them straight from M&H(it was cheaper than from anywhere else).

MandHTires.com they were 168$ each plus 35$ shipping. Also the a man named John, who I think is the owner called me personally when my tires were not shipped within a day or two. It took a bit over a week an a half to get the tires, but some of that was from UPS not delivering them on time to me...:mad:

good to hear Adam. Get some alky on that car and go out and run some 12.00s:D

Lower highway rpms, and not so much tire spinning torque at launch. I gained 5mph per rpm in top gear. Really makes the highway cruise easy. Also, I wanted to fill out the wheel well a bit more... and my number one reason: I wanted 275s and the 275 only comes in a 28in tall tire!:tongue:

Here are the pics yall, now this was full of air, I think 30lbs for daily driving. They squat down a bit when you let air out of them for racing.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 852
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 886
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 832
Lower highway rpms, and not so much tire spinning torque at launch. I gained 5mph per rpm in top gear. Really makes the highway cruise easy. Also, I wanted to fill out the wheel well a bit more... and my number one reason: I wanted 275s and the 275 only comes in a 28in tall tire!:tongue:

When I had a similar "stockish" setup like yours, I tried out a set of 28" tires and it killed the 60ft time. No matter how hard I launched it, it didn't like em. I hope you have better results than I did. :smile:

Well I was considering the same tires for the exact same reasons you mentioned but every where i searched there was very little feed back on them. So I thought i would go with the MT's because they are proven. Id like to see what your 60's end up being. I just need more info before i go pay almost 400 bucks for a set of tires nobodys running :confused: Glad to see you stepped out on the limb to test these tires. Im sure theres lots of people that were considering these tires but just couldnt because nobody knows about them. Are they soft like the MT's just from touching the tread?

Well I was considering the same tires for the exact same reasons you mentioned but every where i searched there was very little feed back on them. So I thought i would go with the MT's because they are proven. Id like to see what your 60's end up being. I just need more info before i go pay almost 400 bucks for a set of tires nobodys running :confused: Glad to see you stepped out on the limb to test these tires. Im sure theres lots of people that were considering these tires but just couldnt because nobody knows about them. Are they soft like the MT's just from touching the tread?

Oh ya, they are sticky as glue... very nice feeling compound... So far they are performing on the street flawlessly. I have them setup with 30lbs for daily driving and they still hook on a 3-4lb launch on COLD concrete. Also, they are not showing hardly any wear for the 10 launches I have done and 100 miles of driving. Im not going to be doing any smoky burnouts just because I want to make them last. So far these seem to be very nice. I think the real reason I cannot hold more boost at the line is my crappy brakes. They are getting done on monday, and Im going to the track next sunday so we will see how they do! Im hoping for a sub 1.8 60ft.

Russ Merritt told me to put 28" tire on my car. I ran my 26" drag radials and got a 12.09@113.3 with a 1.8, let it cool down and put on some 28" drag radials ran 11.79@113.8 with a 1.6 60'. Guess he was right, at least on my car.;)

Adam,
Those are good looking tires. I want a pair. What size are your front tires?

Thanks,

Also let us know if you do any driving in the rain. Those treads look like they would be okay in the rain, like Nittos (which are great), not dangerous like bfg's and MT's.

Back