You can type here any text you want

New 275 drag radials for 16in GNX style wheels!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Actually I drove it yesterday in the rain and guess what? No problem! They drove just fine and actually better than the street tires I replaced :eek: I guess that says how bad the street tires were :biggrin:

The weather is lookin good for sunday, and I and getting the brakes done today. New front rotors w/ ceramic pads and 4 new long pads in the rear should really boost my braking abilities so I can launch at 5-7lbs... Im hoping for a 1.7 but I really have no idea what I will pull.

Any 60's yet? Still working well on the street?

Yup, 1.83. Absolutely NO burn out and one 5lb dry hop to dry them off from the water box. I was running 21lbs with NO spin from a 10lb launch. I am really impressed with these tires. I know my car is no 400hp monster, but I figure Im putting around 250-75 or so to the wheels and with a 10lb launch and no spin either at the track or on the street, these tires are pretty damn good.

My car just didnt have the power to go any harder on the 60ft.

Yup, 1.83. Absolutely NO burn out and one 5lb dry hop to dry them off from the water box. I was running 21lbs with NO spin from a 10lb launch. I am really impressed with these tires. I know my car is no 400hp monster, but I figure Im putting around 250-75 or so to the wheels and with a 10lb launch and no spin either at the track or on the street, these tires are pretty damn good.

My car just didnt have the power to go any harder on the 60ft.

Damn I wish there was more data on these tires. I really need a 28" tall tire, but i just have to get more hard data :( I know i make decent power and just gotta make sure they hook on the street and at the track. Im still up in the air. My car is mostly street driven maybe i dont need a 28" tall tire?

hey adam, im interested in knowing how those taller tires are workin out for ya. Had your car out at all lately? Im wanting to go for a taller tire, to give me a tad more top end... but i know of course the low end will suffer just a touch as well. But then again, my low end kinda sucked cuz i had headers that breathed too much for my stock turbo, and my tires have zero traction already, and my car was pretty much already unbeatable in my neighborhood. and i raced almost every day. Now, i have stock headers and crossover on, ported my exhaust housing, bellmouthed my compressor housing, ported and polishd my inlet bell, opened up my wastegate hole a sixteenth, & added a manual boost controller. so im hoping that will make up the difference in my loss of low end kick, when switching to a 28" tire. Do you guys think it will?

Well, the only thing I have noticed is that they will rub with more than 1 person in the car... Air bags are a must if you have passengers... other than that go for it! I drive my car 100+ miles a week in all weather conditions and have not been worried about them yet. They will only last 3-5k miles though... thats what is kinda buggin me right now... I think I will pull 6-7 out fo these, but I dont know... Great all around tire for your weekend warrior.

hows the low end on the streets. can you launch hard on typical pavement? can you feel a difference on the street when launching compared to your 26's? 3-5000 miles? thats great. i dont bust 3 grand a year. I doubt i bust 2. sweet. drags will last me YEARS.

I was going to buy a set until I saw them on my buddies car. I like a wide stance from the back which I didn't see with these. So I just ended up getting the 295/50/16 BF radial tire which fills the back and gives her a wide stance without making the car look like Joe Dirt hanging outside the fender. Mind you, I sent my rims to G-Bodyparts to have them widened to 10". And they also hook very well on the street in 1st and 2nd gear with 24psi and alky.
new.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

hey adam,nice looking tire are your rims 8"in?thanks a.j.

yup 8.5 to be exact, I had them measured when the tires were put on...

Oh and to the other replies, the low end is decent, but honestly I never had a set of tires on the back that would hold the low end before these so Im not sure...

Im liking the 10in wide idea for these wheels though... these tires really do not look wide. Hey Ttype, how much was it to have them widened to 10in? Any rubbing problems??

Mine rub with the 245/50/16s at full lock, so I highly doubt it.

I have the exact same setup as you in the front and you are right, they rub. Have you tried a spacer? I think I am running to the store this weekend and try a 1/4" spacer. I am not really sure it will correct the problem but it sure cannot hurt.

I have the exact same setup as you in the front and you are right, they rub. Have you tried a spacer? I think I am running to the store this weekend and try a 1/4" spacer. I am not really sure it will correct the problem but it sure cannot hurt.

Honestly it just barely rubs at full lock so I dont worry about it... I think Im the only one who has ever noticed and my friends are very picky with cars and would say something if they noticed it...

1.1 seconds over street tires.... then again I did the rear brakes also so I could hold boost... I went from launching at idle with no boost and only a best of a 2.3 60ft to a 10lb 1.8 short time. Cant compare to other tires though...

Back