new best 9.68, 70gtq works!

Based on mph you picked up 47 hp at the rear wheels, average, assuming 3500 lbs going down the track (758 vs. 711). Looking at the turbine wheels it's easy to see why the GTQ is harder to spool :). Great times, by the way. The 9.68 is right on average for the mph, but your 10.01 was a little off, 137.00 mph on average is a 9.90. [average et=1356/mph, average rwhp=197*weight/et^3, and usually it is best to use the mph to calculate the et that gets plugged into the hp formula]

i ment which one is the gtq and with is the ptrim; are they both presicsion or just the one on the right, if so which company makes the one on the left?

the p-trim on the left was originally from john craig i believe.

the car weighs 3600 with me in it. the 137 was last year without a t-brake and a crappy 1.59 short. good little turbo that p-trim. i think i will put it back on for street driving.

I thought that Bumford guy promised 10mph with the GTQ? :p

I'd be pissed. :mad: ;)

Nice job and congratulations on your times. :cool:

I thought that Bumford guy promised 10mph with the GTQ? :p

I'd be pissed. :mad: ;)

Nice job and congratulations on your times. :cool:

not quite 10 but could probably p/u 5-6 mph. i only got one full pass and the turbo still wasnt maxed. launch boost was between 15-20psi. 10.5x28 m/t slicks. trap rpm is in the 63-6400 range. still using an old FAST b2b. nothing special about this combo. it just works:)

Damn thats flying! Well i wish to do as well as you were doing with your 70 ptrim. Just have to get the FAST hooked up over the winter and take it from there :eek:

Damn thats flying! Well i wish to do as well as you were doing with your 70 ptrim. Just have to get the FAST hooked up over the winter and take it from there :eek:

its not that hard, you have the hardware so to speak, once you get the tune right just crank the boost:)

timing is 22 through the whole run. this set up works better with conservative timing.

That car is flying. Congrats on the new times. You shoudl be super happy with the performance. PTE turbos ROCK!

BTW many years ago we did a test on this turbo. It was documented here.

Buick Grand National - Precision Turbo - Upgrade - GM High-Tech

thanks louie, i know that article all too well. i analized it many times to help me decide what new turbo to buy. the 70 gtq makes a ton of power.
btw "turbov6joe" my cam is a 210 hyd roller.

If you don't mind, post up your combo for the whole world to copy...your obviously doing something right:biggrin:

If you don't mind, post up your combo for the whole world to copy...your obviously doing something right:biggrin:

no problem at all.
109 block, 2 ctr steel caps, .030 over wisecos w/mollys
stock standard crank, rods, flexplate, and balancer w/arp bolts
unported, gasket matched gn1's w/1.55 t&d's, felpro lock wire gaskets.
210/210 .475 .475 cc hyd rlr
pte front mount
70 gtq .85 4 bolt on ctre
atr headers, 3" dual exh, 3"dp, and gate w/rjc valve and cheap manual bleeder
stock ported intake w/1"spacer, kenne bell 70mm t.b. and plenum
200r4 century trans with t-brake and all the goodies.
9" a/c non l/u aprox 34-3600 stall
3.42 stock diff except for mooser 28spline axles.
stock suspension except h&r bar, ss lowers, 90/10 up front
home made double pumper stock fuel lines, 75lb inj.
old fast b2b
i think thats it