You can type here any text you want

New best et/mph.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6POWER

Went to Piedmont Dragway today with Pat Broughton, who drove my car and tuned the XFI (thank you Pat). Temp. was mid-50s. Fuel was 93 + 2.5 gals. 110, spraying methanol. The tc was unlocked.

boost=26#
timing=24/21
afr=10.8
knock retard=0

60'=1.557 (MT ET Street drag radials @ 20# with 6# foot brake launch)
330'=4.367
1/8=6.801 @ 101.63

My previous best with my TE-6169, which destroyed itself, was 6.904 @ 100.04 with 1.535 60'. The PT 6262 is doing a great job, as the result of a great tune from Pat. :)

Any idea what this equates to in the 1/4 mile? Car/driver weight is 3,640.

Jim,

Did you switch back to the PTS 9/11 from the 10 inch PTC? Also, what trans fluid do you run?

Great run!

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I switched from the PTC, 10" back to the 9-11. I did that because the car was leaving really slow off the line so I thought it might be the tc. Pat discovered the problem was not the tc, but that the wastegate puck was not closing fully. That must have happened when I put the PT 6262 on. Fixed that and the car launched like it should. The 9-11 is supposed to be a 3,000 stall, but it only stalls to 2,400 at '0' boost but it pulls well up top. The PTC will probably work as well, with the puck sealing correctly. I may drop the trans and put it back in sometime.

I use Dex III.

Thanks RJ. Anything in the 10's is fine with me. I just need a time slip to that affect. :)

yangiant51--The turbo/heads seem to work well. I am running less boost than I was with the TE-6169 and going faster. Your combo looks really strong. Any track time?

I see you are from Boardman. I am from Champion.

Jim, I posted on one of your threads about a year ago. My daughter used to go to a fast pitch pitching coach in Champion at the old school on RT.45 in town, spent a lot of time there. My combo is new, will be breaking it in when the weather breaks. I'm hoping for some low 11's/high 10's- we'll see. How do you like the XFI system versus the stock computer?

I knew the name sounded familiar. :)

I like the XFI since I have someone (Pat) helping me with it. My old set up was Gen II, Extender chip, wide band and Power Logger (all for sale) and I could understand how to tune that combo. XFI has a steeper learning curve for me and has more capabilities that I will probably never mess with.

Your combo should run easily into the 10's. Make sure to post when you get a time slip.

I'll be sure to post up how it runs.

The XFI looks very interesting, trying to debate if it's worth the money.

Take care,

Joe :biggrin:

Congrats Jim

Congrats Jim on the New ET even if i was the tuner/driver for the day!. Your car is a very stout running car for the parts combo!

Beware too many more 6.80's passes and a bar will bee needed unless getting kicked off the track is what your after:eek:

Thanks Pat.

The car needs to make at least one more 6.8x run with me driving. :)

Congrats Jim!! Hard work paying off, that's for sure!

K.

Back