New best mph in 1/8 mile.

V6POWER

I ran my best mph and my second best ET today. Best run was 7.47 (2d best) @ 96.59 (best) with a lousy 60'. Only problem is I am very inconsistent. Other runs today ranged from 8.634 @ 92.91 with 2.612 60' to 7.796 @ 93.99 with 1.954 60'. Extremely frustrating. I can't build boost at the line because brakes won't hold more than 2# boost.

I was running 93 + denatured at 26# boost. O2's were 790s and EGT was 1607. I had 3.9* knock at lock up. Combo is in signature.

That EGT seems a little high for 790's. Probably had a little KR.

Good 1/8 MPH.. get some slick and make it stick.. should run into the mid 11's.

I had 3.9* knock at tc lock-up. Do you think a dual nozzle would help me keep the knock lower?

The don't think slicks would benefit me unless I could launch harder.

If its real knock..detonation.. more alky cures that.

FWIW my car leaves at 2 PSI and ran a 1.588 60 foot last thursday nite on ET Streets.. trick is the converter. I have a 3600 9x11 billet.

Get a converter.. your going to need slicks. Or downsize the turbo. Then you compromise MPH.

The dual nozzle may kill your 330 if your not careful. It will get rid of the knock on top.. but kill your bottom end. See I know where your at, and where you want to be. I was there 1 1/2 years ago when I made a small alky change ;)

96.59 is moving. My best is a 99.18. So your knocking on my door :D But your et to come down, you must conquer the 330 at your track. Get a better 330.. the ET will drop like a hammer. But that requires a good 60 foot and a motor thats making a lot of burst to get it moving down the track. Alcohol can inhibit that burst since it can make the motor overly rich. And the lower timing doesnt help. So here is where playing with turnon points, alky volume, and chip fueling/timing take the next steps in making power.

HTH

Thanks for all the great info. I will have to play around more with the Extender/Translator chip fueling adjustments and maybe turn up the low gear timing a little. My alcohol pump speed is max. and turn on point is around 12#. I do have a 10"/3,200 Pat's converter.

During spool-up/launch, what range do I want to see for O2s? I am getting 850s now. Is richer better than leaner?

Gotta run the full 1/4 to see if the KR goes up or not with a full pass.

Knew you'd be faster. ;)

Second nozzle turned on at 20-22 psi. might work fine for you, M15 most likely. :)

Most chips have lean spool up fuel to generate heat for spooling.

You might be able to lean it out a bit with the built in adjustments.

You have heads and/or cam. on that motor?

Only have 1/8 mile tracks around me and I don't have a place longer than 3/8 mile to test on the street without cops.

What O2 number should I be shooting for on 'spool fuel'?

I have stock motor with stock headgaskets. Only thing replaced was valve springs.

What tires are you running?

What were the outside air temps when the run was done?

850's is way normal for our cars at the line. Mid part of third gear I would say 750-770's you'll be fine.

Razor---I run the MT drag radials (236/60-15). Best 60' has been 1.67.

Outside temperature was mid-60s'.

Mid part of third gear I have around 800 for O2s.

Can I e-mail you a couple TL files to look at?

I dont have the T-Link run viewer. Probably only see like 4-5 frames rite?

Sounds like your running a little fat, problem is your alky is on 10.. you drop fuel..its gonna knock unless you up the alky.

With the MT Drag Radial you should be getting way better than 2.0's. Unless your track absolutely sucks.

Your EGT should not be anywhere near 1600 running 800 for O2's Unless you were getting knock. That always spikes the number.

Our cars run in the mid 800-900 on the starting line. Fuel is spiked to assist the turbo with spool up. Let alone the MAF setup.. as the car goes down the track.. the O2's will fall depending on how much fuel is dropped into the motor. The less the fuel, the more they fall.. The more they fall the meaner the motor gets and its octane requirment goes up. This octane you'll need to supply with more alcohol or add race gas.

Your MPH may be a little high becuase the car didnt hook. This is typical if you spin the tires it may MPH a little higher. If you could get a 1.6 60 foot and 95 MPH, you'd be in the 7.40's. I ran 7.32 with a 1.75 and 98.1 MPH. My 11.2 was 99.1 in the 1/8 , and 7.2x mid 1.6 60 foot.

Just throwing some numbers at ya.

I know of very few stock longblocks running 96 MPH in the 1/8. I know I couldnt. So your faster than I could get on my PT51. I think 94.5 was the fastest I ever ran.

Good job. That 61 is working.

Thanks again for all the info. Sounds like a progressive kit may be in my future. Can you recommend a good kit. :)

The MTs are capable of hooking on this track, but I just can't seem to make it happen consistently. I need to play around with the spool fuel and low gear fuel and see what I can do. Maybe I am trying to make them too lean.

My best run with the TE-61 was 7.40 @ 95.67 with 1.67 60'. My next best run was 7.47 @ 96.59 with 1.81 60'. The turbo does seem to work well, mph wise.

And here in Sweden has I gone 92 mph on a bone stock car (upped the boost to 20.5 on stock turbo, with BFG DR and race gas)

We also has two other cars... Lunkan is in 98 I think and Daniel (Melvin) has gone 100 mph as highest... All stock blocks.

Daniel

Look Quick-- Your car ran awesome on that last run, when I saw 96.59 MPH on the clock over your lane I knew you were going to be smiling!
I think I may have figured out why I was so lean last Sunday. My chip is the extender for Alky. I was running Xylene but no ALKY ( got to get my Razor's Alky kit switched over to the new front mount). I bet the chip was pulling out fuel expecting the alky to kick in. The fact that I was running MAX Xylene is why I had no KR. The 680 O2's would have probabily been much higher if I had been squirting with my progressive alky kit.
What do you think Julio?

btw-- I did get off the pedal at 3/4 track--didn't want to be changing Hg's. I was racing a Mustang too. Damn I hate that.

Yup.. alky chips put less fuel in at WOT since theyre expecting a bunch of extra fuel to be dropped in. The xylene gave you octane but no enrichment,

I run about 20-25% fuel replacement on mine. Example when I had 50's, my ME-r thumbwheel was at position 7 out of 16 fuel positions when I ran 122 MPH. I'd say with alky 50's will take you easy 128-130(assumming everything holds together) :D

Use to be the alky chips would be tuned around the "hit" when the pressure switch fired, now its pull fuel across the board. So the chips have to be tailored for the alcohol. Makes it way smoother to do so.

Gotta love these cars ;)

Originally posted by bogie1
btw-- I did get off the pedal at 3/4 track--didn't want to be changing Hg's. I was racing a Mustang too. Damn I hate that.

Man that shows some self restraint.. I'm looking for a shock collar I can wear and tell me to lift :D

Sure you couldnt of pedal'd it and still got him..

Rich---Glad you found your problem. I am going to Piedmont tonight if it doesn't rain. Bring your car out and show those Mustangs how it runs. :)

Jim,
I am a Vampire, work the graveyard shift :( . I only get to run on Sunday's. Good luck and Hey if you go much faster you might just get kicked off the track!! Good luck. I am going to try to get my Alky working for Sunday.

Hope you get the alcohol working. I don't know for sure if I am going tonight because of the 'iffy' weather. I probably won't be there Sunday due to a prior commitment, but I hope you have a good time and the car runs well.

Thanks, and oh Yea I will be looking for a certain Blue Mustang.................................