New Buick Club For NE florida

T

TylerDurdenOLD

Fellow northeast florida Buick owners,
my name is Dan Boden and I am posting to see what kind of interest there is in the area for a buick club...I figure there are a quite a few clubs in other parts of FL, so why not us? In the past 3 weeks I have met 6 TR owners in Jacksonville...it also appears that Daytona has a few owners who want to hang out...

so everyone who is interested please email me at gnpilot@hotmail.com with who you are, and where you are located...also, if you have friends who are not on this board but would like to be included, please put that in the email...

off the top of my head, some of the events/gatherings we could have would include regular meetings, race sessions at the track (gainsville/jax), tech sessions, BBQ's, street meets, etc....the goal here would to keep due's down to a minimum yet still have a lot of fun and be able to enjoy this "addiction" that we suffer from :)

so again, if interested please email me at gnpilot@hotmail.com
replying here is ok, its just easier to keep track of your guys' info using email msg's

Thanx
Dan Boden

I'll post here to bring it back to the top...Dan, I think you already have my phone number. :D

I think there's probably enough interest, we just need somebody who wants to step up and be the organizer... <go Dan, go Dan!>

As an opener, how about trying to meet for dinner somewhere next Sat. night before the midnight drags at Jax raceway?

Hey Dan i forgot to mention that there are MANY GN/T owners that dont come on here. I see guys all over Jax that i dont know w/ 86 and 87 models. Just the other day i saw an 87 light blue T Type...which was the first time Ive seen one that color. I got a buddy at work that has a 89 TTA and also a guy on the shift after me that Ive been trying to catch up to that has a 87 GN. Anyways, i see no problem with having enough people to get this going. Let me know what happens.

heads up for those interested, We would like to do a get together this saturday just to kind of kick off this shindig, i will do my best to get as many fellas up here as possible, pre-plan is somewhere in manderin (south jax), time and place to be determined....

i understand this will be a slow process kicking this new club off, i know there are a lot of TR's in jax, yet most are not on here.....so thats why WE need to gather our friends and bring them in....

for the daytona, and smyrna beach guys, i know this is a hike....not every meeting will be that far away......i fully understand that the NE area of FL is somewhat spread out....but if you can make it up here for the first meeting....its a GREAT start for us

when final plans are set, i will post here, and send emails to all who sent to me....

if for some reason emailing me personally isnt possible, posting on here with info that i can get in touch with you will work...

thanx
dan

ok guys, we are planning on having a get together at BW-3's on blanding rd, south of I-295, you go past the orange park mall and about another 1 mile past it, there is a dairy queen and a shopping center...its in that shopping center....we will meet up there about 7pm...if you get lost of have questions....call me 476-8321 or call kendall frederick at 272-8661

this will be an informal meeting to discuss the possibilty of a full blown club

thanx
dan boden

How was the meeting Saturday night? Any decisions made re: future meeting location? Thanks.

Originally posted by Look Quick
How was the meeting Saturday night? Any decisions made re: future meeting location? Thanks.

We had a pretty good turnout for the short notice; about 8 cars, perhaps 15 people. As far as locations, since Jacksonville is spread out so far, I would like to see us rotate from one side of the city to the other; perhaps do something out at the Beaches, then over on the Westside, then maybe Mandarin, then OP...sort of how the current car show on Friday night rotates.

Please feel free to nag Dan to set another meeting date and place. :) We need to make a night of it at Gainesville or Jax Raceway sometime soon!

Hey on tues.nights at 5:30 they have street night hardly nobody is their perfect time to test and tune your car as many passes as you want.It is not the best of tracks but it would be fun to meet all of you.Saturday midnighht drags or good but you only get a couple passes not so good for tuning.I will be out their tonight if it don't rain it is fixing to storm in callahan. Will

Come on guys nobody showed up to jax midnight race but me and vader87.No buicks showed up(pretty sad) I was hoping to meet all of you.Anyway there was some good racing going on and we had a blast. Will

Originally posted by W T- Type
Come on guys nobody showed up to jax midnight race but me and vader87.No buicks showed up(pretty sad) I was hoping to meet all of you.Anyway there was some good racing going on and we had a blast. Will

Good to hear, Will. I didn't see you post and you didn't show up the last 2 or 3 times we went, so I gave it a break last night. I did call you to invite you out to the car show in Mandarin, but your phone was busy the times I tried. Call or email next time and I'll come up. :)

when did the club go out to Jax 3 times???....yall gotta let me know when ya go. Anyways......i was hoping to see some TRs there but there werent any....it was still alot of fun though. We should go on a Tuesday or Friday sometime.

I did not know to much about the club till this weekend. I went to the car show I got their at 5:30 and set in the rain till about 6:55 I only seen about 2 grand nationals so I went back to the house.Maybe it will not rain this weekend And I will try to get to the car show.Kendall do they have the car show every weekend?

I know it may be a little premature, but I wouldn't mind meeting some of the daytona/N. Sym guys half way to like St. Augustine or Daytona. A Daytona trip would be fun. But lets get the Jax club going underway for sure. I'm psyched because my car is up and running and running good for a change. Dyno and track will be in the very near future for sure. BTW Dan, what the hell happened last saturday? I was at Chili's by myself from 5 till 5:45 when Kendall showed up. We still had a great time though. Car show was fun too. We got 2 new guys names down for the club. A 84 hotair GN and another GN.

BTW, let's get something lined up for this weekend to make up for last weekend. What do you all think?