new cage

You are correct George, and you are also the person whom i think told e jsut to slide the seat all the way back in order to make it appear that the bar is within 6 inch of your head. :)

Ya, I forgot to mention to everyone that you were my advisor and agent:biggrin: I've put blocks on my pedals:rolleyes:

George

I am your advisor, i think it is the other way around, you always advised me on things. How do you think i ended up with a XFi, a 70mm turbo, Tial Wastegate, soon to be turbo 400 and ford 9", rollcage, etc, etc.

If anything, you are the reason why i still live at home. :)

Your girlfriend hates me .... I just know it:wink: Oh and by the way .... don't forget the RJC girdle

It was cool to meet you at Noble and cage by far great work by John.I made it home fine no more airplanes or flying saucer given tickets!:cool:

Eric

Nice meeting you guys as well Eric, thanks.
LOL, we slowed down everytime we saw a nearby airplane!! That was freakin crazy.

Nice meetin ya Eric. Gotta watch out for those flying saucers and airplanes.

The cage has to be within 6 inches vertical. Meaning that it does not have to be an actual 6 inches measured from the helmet to the bar, but within 6 inches from being underneath it. To make it easier to understand, take a plumb bob, and drop it down from the hoop. Measure from the helmet to the line. They usuall don't tech hard on this and it is just to make sure people don't put the main hoop way too far from the driver. I don't think I've ever been teched while in the car. If in doubt, move the seat back. ;)

Bump for Disco.. saw the cage in the "trync" car this past weekend. lots of work - as stealthy as a cage can be.

Well I just need to finish up the car guys.Then I'll get with you John to do same as Tod's cage.I will keep you posted dudes.:cool:

Thanks for all the kind words guys! There is some stiff competition and some guys that can really bend tubing and work miracles with metal (and some not so much) ....so the feedback means alot.

Lemme know Eric.

That is a very nice install indeed! The paint looks so nice, my first thought was that it had been powdercoated. I am going to try this with my cage after seeing this one.

I assume this is fine for a 10.50 car, but would this set up suffice (pass tech inspection) for a high 9 sec car or would i need more like a 8 point or 10 point?

nice

luv the work wish u were closer im in the market for one awesome work :smile:

I know this is a old thread but just had to give a thumbs up to Disco Stu, I like the way the bars can be removed for cruising, then pin them in at the track and be leagal down to 10.0 . Also just in case in a accident on the street this could help protect you....
I work with a couple of good fabricators at the shop, they are always on me about caging the car.... I've always said that I really wasn't interested but I really like the look of this cage.

Chuck