You can type here any text you want

New cam and chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldsracer

Identity Crisis
I just got my motor running this past weekend and it runs really well and the short term block learn is switching back and forth from rich to lean so the comptuer and oxygen sensor are working properly. Now my question is since I got a new cam that has more of a lope then stock and the car dosent seem to be running excellent. It is running rich and puts out black smoke when you hit the gas. Do I need to get a different chip because I changed the cam? It has new injectors and they are stock sized so that didnt change. Also the car hasnt ever been fully warmed up because the fan has a bad bearing so I shut it down once the fan kicks on. Should I get a new fan on it and let it warm up and run and let it learn to run better or do I need to interact. Any help would be great, thanks.

Need more info. What cam? What chip? Any other mods? Did you take it out and drive it? What setup do you have on the motor? Is it all stock except for the cam?

I dont know the specific cam right now ill let you know when I get home but its a stock chip, stock turbo and downpipe then the pipe dumps right out under the passenger door. Its a GN1 solid intake pipe with an LT1 maf and translator and cone filter. The motor is worked, bored 20 over, je pistons, eagle rotating assembly, ARP everything... again ill get all of the info to you later.

Is the translator on the right setting? It is loping from being rich. I doubt you have a big enough cam to make the car lope at idle. My 224/224 doesn't lope.

Is the translator on the right setting? It is loping from being rich. I doubt you have a big enough cam to make the car lope at idle. My 224/224 doesn't lope.

How do I check/change the settings on it, it is the newest edition

Check your paperwork for the translator, it will have the proper settings for your application. The full throttle speed forum should have the manual downloads if you don't have it.

try opening the translator box and flip the lid , instructs are there
for stock chip set dips to on on on off
first dial to the maf you're using and at base, for the lt1 3" maf its (3)
second dial to (0)

fix your fan
you didnt mention if cam was a roller or a flat tappet
what cam did you install
if it was a flat tappet i dont see how you can break it in if fan doesnt run

try opening the translator box and flip the lid , instructs are there
for stock chip set dips to on on on off
first dial to the maf you're using and at base, for the lt1 3" maf its (3)
second dial to (0)

fix your fan
you didnt mention if cam was a roller or a flat tappet
what cam did you install
if it was a flat tappet i dont see how you can break it in if fan doesnt run

Im going to do that now...the fan works it just makes a hell of a noise while its on. It is a flat tappet cam and I did run it for the 25 mins to break it in, so once again, you are correct:D . It runs and drives around our parking lot, it just dosent idle good.

Just to double check and make sure I actually have stock pieces I have a chip that says Delco on top, ABYR below it, then 4326 below that. Is this a stock chip? Also the computer's #'s are 865324 M6109320 and above that is the serv # 12271...I tried looking up the chip but couldnt find any real definite answer.

call turbo tweak
the chip if it hasnt been reburned is not correct
for stock injector 86-87 turbo
CMW (86) acxa (87) bbkj (recall fix 87 )

any other injector needs a custom burned chip

stock ecm is 1227148
the small calpak chip is for default values

call turbo tweak
the chip if it hasnt been reburned is not correct
for stock injector 86-87 turbo
CMW (86) acxa (87) bbkj (recall fix 87 )

any other injector needs a custom burned chip

stock ecm is 1227148
the small calpak chip is for default values

I definitly owe you a beer at the next hooters meet:) . Im gonna give them a call tomorrow and see if I can figure out what injectors these are and get a custom chip made.

Back