"New" cam bearings, WTF!!

so the first time i become the one to say something criticizing or negative the big guy is gonna beat me up when nothing i said was aimed at him and you said when we try to help me out ok but the last time daily drifter said something constructive towards me was what 6 months ago? hes a big help im not bashing any one else except the one who truly deserves it.

do you really think i care right now?

im over it whatever happens happens if anything ill part it out or if its something minor like the pickup up fell off ill sell it as is. im here for a month more and honestly i just want to get rid of it and buy a bike.

and as far as getting my ass kicked from internet bullying i think i would be on the bottom of the list compared to most people to reply to my threads to sh ow negative comments than actually help but im sorry im only 180 pounds and guessing your a big guy ill just say you win

How much for your turbo, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, and complete fuel injection setup? :p

Shipped to 49633, of course.

You had a dbl. roller chain is that correct?? and did you use the front cover thrust bearing for the front of the cam to timing cover, thanks.

Ron

so the first time i become the one to say something criticizing or negative the big guy is gonna beat me up when nothing i said was aimed at him and you said when we try to help me out ok but the last time daily drifter said something constructive towards me was what 6 months ago? hes a big help im not bashing any one else except the one who truly deserves it.

do you really think i care right now?

im over it whatever happens happens if anything ill part it out or if its something minor like the pickup up fell off ill sell it as is. im here for a month more and honestly i just want to get rid of it and buy a bike.

and as far as getting my ass kicked from internet bullying i think i would be on the bottom of the list compared to most people to reply to my threads to sh ow negative comments than actually help but im sorry im only 180 pounds and guessing your a big guy ill just say you win

I never said I was going to do anything to you, I only stated the fact that if you continue to be an azz to the ones that try to help you out that eventually someone's going to break a foot off in you. That my friend, is another piece of advice that you probably not listen to and you will come back to this forum and whine about getting f'ed up and you don't know why.

You had a dbl. roller chain is that correct?? and did you use the front cover thrust bearing for the front of the cam to timing cover, thanks.

Ron

Correct, it had a a double roller and had a cam button that was at the front of the cam. I'll try to get pics of the button on here soon with the shims they used. I want to rip it apart soon and see if there is any damage to the crank, but I dont really have the room to do so right now.

Ok here is the front of the cam and the button. The metal looking pieces are the shims. And Bison, do you think the turbo could be trashed?

Attachments

• frontcam.jpg
    frontcam.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 588
  • cam button 001.jpg
    cam button 001.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 584
  • cam button 003.jpg
    cam button 003.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 587
Ok here is the front of the cam and the button. The metal looking pieces are the shims. And Bison, do you think the turbo could be trashed?

Turbo is definitely trashed if any unfiltered oil went through it. There are much better thrust options than an epoxied on nylon button available too.

Turbo is definitely trashed if any unfiltered oil went through it. There are much better thrust options than an epoxied on nylon button available too.

Just to elaborate a bit, I would think the oil cooler lines, oil cooler in radiator if still being used, etc.

There are much better thrust options than an epoxied on nylon button available too.

X2. That cam button looks ghetto. Looks like they cut some sheet metal out at space, threw it together. Looks like it was cut with tin snips...

Good luck with the project and I hope it get squared away.

Well I talked to the machinist and he basically said i'm SOL :rolleyes::mad:. He said that he put the engine together with the parts I supplied, and he wasnt responsible for that. So I guess the moral of the story is do your homework before you build a engine, and take it to someone who knows what they are doing. He also said that there wasnt supposed to be a thrust bearing in between the block and cam. So heres a big PHUCK YOU automotive and destructional
angry-smiley-002.gif

Well I talked to the machinist and he basically said i'm SOL :rolleyes::mad:. He said that he put the engine together with the parts I supplied, and he wasnt responsible for that. So I guess the moral of the story is do your homework before you build a engine, and take it to someone who knows what they are doing. He also said that there wasnt supposed to be a thrust bearing in between the block and cam. So heres a big PHUCK YOU automotive and destructional
angry-smiley-002.gif

Sorry bro, that sucks! I never leave my stuff unattended. Before I did my own cam bearings I took it to a shop and when he took it back to install them, I followed him. He tried to say customers aren't allowed so I said this one will be or I will find another shop. It's kind of like your kids while shopping: they never leave your sight! :biggrin:

He tried to say customers aren't allowed so I said this one will be or I will find another shop. It's kind of like your kids while shopping: they never leave your sight!

Well here are the main bearings. I also cut the oil filter open and there were metal shavings in there as well. Today I took the block and crank to the machine shop to get cleaned, and hopefully they can fix the front of the block. I think i'm going to put a forged crank in it :), now seems like a good time because everythings apart and the only thing stock in the bottom end is the crank. The last pic is of the rod journals, and rod bearing.

Attachments

• bearings 021.jpg
    bearings 021.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 393
  • bearings 026.jpg
    bearings 026.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 386
  • bearings 006.jpg
    bearings 006.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 380
:mad: You got hosed my friend. There is enough things that can go wrong with out help like that. Good luck on your next build.

:mad: You got hosed my friend. There is enough things that can go wrong with out help like that. Good luck on your next build.

Yeah but "it was my fault I provided the parts" :rolleyes:. And to top that off my dad says "just sell it" I said whos going to buy a rusted out car with a trashed block :rolleyes:, thats why I dont listen to him anymore (although he recommended the machine shop :rolleyes:). I am consulting Bison with this build so I'm sure its gonna be built right ;):biggrin:. I hope he doesnt mind all the PM's. When I get this put back together I think im gonna drive back to PA and crash my car into the "Machinist" A$$ :eek:.
My guess is after the engine is fixed my built trans will crap the bed :rolleyes:. I'm not giving up on this train wreck, I've watched too many F&F movies and I live my life a quarter mile at a time. I dont care if I have to live in the car :eek: And there is one thing in my sig that will NEVER change, even if I do get rid of the car :)

sell it

ill give you a $100 bucks for all your stuff j/k :mad:good luck putn something together look into "blue-printing" when putting parts together