You can type here any text you want

New cam installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
Just put a new flat tapped cam now I have a strange interminted loud klinking sound anyone have any ideas?

Maybe a fubared lifter. What else did you change when you were in there? Do you still have all your wrenches :eek:.

Yes I still have the wrenchs I put in new lifters and a new dr timing chain ad a new turbo and some cometic head gaskets arp studs

Yes I still have the wrenchs I put in new lifters and a new dr timing chain ad a new turbo and some cometic head gaskets arp studs

So you did a little more than just a cam ;). You didnt use the t-chain tensioner, correct? How do your accessories look? Without the belt on spin them and make sure they are good. Do you have a internal gate? The reason I ask is I had one that the arm popped off and the puck was flapping in the wind and made a bad sound. Did you remove the engine when you did the work? Could be your torque converter bolts or a cracked flexplate.

Did you make sure your guides on your head are clearenced for the lift of the cam? How much lift does the cam have?

Also, what lifters are you running? I went through two set of lifters to make one set becuase many of them were sticking or stuck right out the box. Also, there were some that were different heights, some had outer rings on the plungers, some didnt. You should also either take them apart and clean the slag out of them or at very minium, soak them in oil and pump them up, drain them, do it again a few different times. There is machining slag inside almost every lifter.

Also, what did you set your preload to? How much variance do you have between all 12 lifters?

Is it possable to install the cam a whole 180* out and the car still idles and runs?? i test drove it and its back firing all over the place and has a bad bog to it??

180 out no, 1 tooth off yes, seen lots of folks do it and swear it was right when they put it in. do a compression test. and do not run it anymore
Mike

180 out no, 1 tooth off yes, seen lots of folks do it and swear it was right when they put it in. do a compression test. and do not run it anymore
Mike

would it idle good with it being one tooth off ?? My car is bogging and back firing like crazy:(

I installed a new caspers cam sensor cap and adjusted it per procdure. I have no clue what i do next ?? i mean my car is bogging hard and back firing like crazy what do i do??

No haven't got a chance to yet maybe today after work. How can I tell if I have an aftermarket coil the caspers cam sensor says that it only works with stock coil pack

You have a stock coil pack, even if it is aftermarket supplier - it still works the same as AC Delco. That chain I gave you says it can go +/- 4 degrees on the timing, hope you set if for 'stock' when you put on the gears. Get the compression tester like I told you two nights ago !:) I believe the casper's cap still would give you the OK light even if your 180 out, that's the problem.

Found the problem didn't have the ground wires on the back of the head snug it runs well now thanks for all the help guys

Back