You can type here any text you want

New Car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

79coupe

Just got myself a new car,a '79 turbo regal. 31000miles on the clock and one owner from new. Looks like he imported it here(UK) in early 1980 as that was when it was first registered.
Although it turns over at the moment,it doesn't fire up. I intend to clean the plugs up and give it a go,before probably replacing them,and the HT leads. The body is a bit sad,but nothing terrible...yet ;) Any hints and tips would be appreciated,as I don't have much experience with turbo's,only NA
Thanks

can anyone recommend some quick and relatively easy mods,headers etc..that i can do please?

wow,thanks. Please bear with me as i'm a complete newbie when it comes to turbo's. I have a few questions...no suprise there!
#1 where does the boost guage plumb in,and is there anyway i can manually adjust boost?
#2 what would the benfits be of adding an "uncorkable" pipe at the collector? Is it worth it?
#3 as my air currently feeds into the top of the carb from an airbox,could i run a pancake filter or velocity stack on top of the rochester?
#4 if i run a ducted k&n,how do i clamp the feed tube to the top of the carb?
very interested in the alcohol setup..and i didn't realise it'd be that easy to do!
Like i said,please bare with me,sorry for the noob questions.
Thanks,Tom

Back