You can type here any text you want

New carpet help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobooster

I'm getting ready to order my carpet but one thing held me back I wasn't sure which carpet to get out of the 2 one comes with the jute padding sound deadener which is the less expensive one and the other one the premium comes with jute padding plus mass rubber backing ( which came I'm factory cars) well I just took a look at my existing one and it looks to me as if it's just the jute padding correct me if I'm wrong or if I have a wrong understanding of the padding and backing? It's about an $80 difference between the 2 choices and confused because I thought all cars came with mass rubber backing from the getgo here's a pic of whats in my car now
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1433206487.267387.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My 76, 84,86 and 89 chevy as well as my 76, 82, and 83 Buick and 89 Olds did not have any kind of rubber backing on the insulator. It adds weight and traps moisture which will speed the rusting of the floor pans,

Interesting Charlie for that input that was one of my concerns as well my car doesn't come with is what I'm getting from this right?

Check the color when you get it. My ACC carpet was supposed to be black Looked a bit muddy....It was installed for about 60 days. Then, it started turning green. ACC said that the feds made them quit using a real dye, and instead some cheap substitute...
Better yet, ask before you buy it.

Carpet just arrived any tips or advice as to best way to install?

Back