new champion intake air distrubution good or bad

John Wilde said:
Are there any flow numbers stock or ported.
What is the cylinder distribution like?
Any EGR Fuctionality for us in CA?

BTW, I like the updates on your site.
Lots of good information especially in the suspension area.
My only question is do you sell the HR Sway Bar alone and
if so how much?

Best regards,

I will try to get some flow numbers from Tom I have not put one on my bench for flow test port to port. I can tell you this, the port is bigger, straighter and pulls from a larger plenum. NO down side there.

Distribution is a tough one, if you flow it through heads it will be different than just out in the open, if you have enough flow capicity you flow all the runners, most don't and they block off all but one and they test each one but with 1 open and 5 blocked the distribution changes from 6 open. I will instrument one up after the first and see if we can get some numbers I have a stock lower but no ported one I might be able to get one from Champion.

I can tell you this a taller plenum is better than a short one. A stocker with a tall spacer is better than one without a spacer. this plenum is very tall and has more volume so if it follows the "rule" it will be better.

NO EGR as Otto said

Mike

John Wilde said:
Lots of good information especially in the suspension area.
My only question is do you sell the HR Sway Bar alone and
if so how much?

Best regards,

Thanks John,
I have one H&R bar left in stock ready to go $459
Mike

Heres your pics kids....... :)

Attachments

• 150_5018 copy.JPG
    150_5018 copy.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 543
Heres some more:))))))))))))

Attachments

• 150_5023 copy.JPG
    150_5023 copy.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 534
And another............

Attachments

• 150_5016 copy.JPG
    150_5016 copy.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 533
One last before i fill up turbobuicks server.......

Attachments

• 150_5017 copy.JPG
    150_5017 copy.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 530
oooo shiny :eek:
is there a powerplate for this intake or is it just going to use the BGC one?

Thanks,

Where do you get your vacuum signals from? I think just not having the injector bungs not hanging out in the runner will help a lot. Loks very impressive. I'd like to see some before and afters on a car with good heads and lots of airflow.

That is a good question , i guess i will have to drill a 3/8 npt hole somewhere to get a vac signal?

I had a BGC intake and it looks identical to the champion has anyone put the two side by side???? Looks like a change in the name is the only difference?????

They are absolutely not the same. The upper plennum looks similar...but its different. The lower is all new and different all together..

Louie L. said:
They are absolutely not the same. The upper plennum looks similar...but its different. The lower is all new and different all together..

Also believe the Injector placement is higher in the runner. :smile:

Joe

I have talked to jason about the BGC power plate and the thoughts are that it will not work with this intake.
Mike

The plenum would probably hit the hood. The Champion lower intake is taller than a BGC.

As for vacuum signals, it wouldn't be any diferent than stock, since they normally hook to the TB

With the hood pad removed it seem to work fine with the RJC power plate on the champion intake but will rub a nice hole in the pad if left in place.

There's also plenty of room on the upper plenum to upgrade to an even larger throttle body then a 70...should you need more.

Will only the included upper work or can you use a Percision or even stock upper plenum on this intake?