new champion intake air distrubution good or bad

Stock plenum styles will not work. This plenum is almost twice the size of a stock unit.

Hello everyone new guy here. I installed my brothers engine in his Regal with the Champion ported GN1 heads and their intake and noticed that the wiper linkage hits the coil pack. It seems to sit up higher and further back on intake. Was wondering if anyone else had that problem. I don't really want to cut up and reweld the mounting plate.

Robert Bedrio

I'm probably going to intall my engine next weekend (Jan7-8). That was a problem I was also thinking.

the wipers will cleanly slice through the rear 3 plug wires. i almost lost my mind when the car would miss only when the wipers were on! my solution was to redrill 3 new holes in the coilpack bracket to sit the coil foward. the msd interface also helps position the coilpack higher. you would think that something would have been done to rectify this.

surej

What aftermarket fuel pressure regulators will work with this new intake and up to what MM throttlebody will fit and work also?

DR BOOST said:
the wipers will cleanly slice through the rear 3 plug wires. i almost lost my mind when the car would miss only when the wipers were on! my solution was to redrill 3 new holes in the coilpack bracket to sit the coil foward. the msd interface also helps position the coilpack higher. you would think that something would have been done to rectify this.

surej
Wouldn't a Type II ignition also solve the problem by moving all the terminals to the front of the pack?

I only had it on for a day before it went into the garage.Vac is still there .Drill and tap line for the boost controller into the dog house..I will have to see in the spring to see if the wipers hit the coil pack.Thanks for the tip.
Mike

Attachments

• re2.jpg
    re2.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 151
  • re3.jpg
    re3.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 145
Big Mike said:
I only had it on for a day before it went into the garage.Vac is still there .Drill and tap line for the boost controller into the dog house..I will have to see in the spring to see if the wipers hit the coil pack.Thanks for the tip.
Mike
dam thats nice, what valve covers are those??

Where did those pics go of the polished intake, show car engine go tha twere on here last night?