New Downpipe Clearance

josefigue

Hi Guys.Today I installed a new Brians GBodyParts 3" downpipe.Its a great item,stainless steel and then chromed.Its similar as an ATR.But I have a problem the downpipe touch the upper arm and the brake lines.I need some advice from your experience.The problem may be corrected with new motor mounts,upper arm bushings or what else?Please help. :(

i had one cleared fine but had to return for warped flange this was 3 weeks ago still waiting do know how anyone else got one :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You should see it on the 5th!

Initial poster. Sounds like your motor mount is shot?

DHL Shipment Notification

Greetings from DHL!

On August 31, 2006 a shipment label was printed by *. Gbodyparts.com
(717-359-9692) of G BODY PARTS for delivery to Brian Roman. The shipment
number of this package is 17661926450.

Sender's message:
'down pipe'

To track this shipment use any of these options:

1) Click or enter the following URL in your browser:
http://track.dhl-usa.com/atrknav.asp?ShipmentNumber=17661926450
2) Enter the shipment number(s) on the DHL tracking page:
http://track.dhl-usa.com/
3) Send an email to track.it@dhl.com. You may list up to 25 shipment
numbers separated by commas in the message area of the email. You'll
receive a return email with detailed information about the status of your
shipment(s).

I would like to know what kinds of problems people might be having with these. I want to get one, but I want to see what other people say about them. From the pics on the website it looks like a real high quality product. Luckily ive already got all new front bushings.

gndoug said:
I would like to know what kinds of problems people might be having with these. I want to get one, but I want to see what other people say about them. From the pics on the website it looks like a real high quality product. Luckily ive already got all new front bushings.
i can say personaly that it is a great product and a noticable performance difference when applied. the problem i had was a warped flange that a few were sent to gbody parts from there manufacturer but they were not aware of this problem because you cannot tell tell it was installed so IT WAS NOT TURBO CUSTOMS FAULT OR GBODY FAULT just there manufacturer. they did contact me the day of installation and took care of the problem it just took a while because the maufacturer had to be notified and they had to be returned to them.
thanks mark for the notification i greatly appreciate it. will be getting a big order for christmas from me

I got one too,about 1 month ago. Installed and my flange is warped also. I tried a little RTV worked for about a week. I also had clearence issues with the frame,brake lines and inner fender well. Last weekend I installed new motor monuts and it pulled the pipe off the frame and the inner fender a little.

Steve V said:
I got one too,about 1 month ago. Installed and my flange is warped also. I tried a little RTV worked for about a week. I also had clearence issues with the frame,brake lines and inner fender well. Last weekend I installed new motor monuts and it pulled the pipe off the frame and the inner fender a little.
RETURN IT AND THEY WILL REPLACE IT!!!

lpaulabbott said:
i can say personaly that it is a great product and a noticable performance difference when applied. the problem i had was a warped flange that a few were sent to gbody parts from there manufacturer but they were not aware of this problem because you cannot tell tell it was installed so IT WAS NOT TURBO CUSTOMS FAULT OR GBODY FAULT just there manufacturer. they did contact me the day of installation and took care of the problem it just took a while because the maufacturer had to be notified and they had to be returned to them.
thanks mark for the notification i greatly appreciate it. will be getting a big order for christmas from me
Cool. I was juiced when I saw that these were available. By the time that I bought my car and started uppgrading, the th's were no longer available, and it was near impossible to find any 3 inch dp. Im looking foreward to getting mine. My cars down for paint right now, but as soon as it is done the down pipe is going to be the first thing I buy for it.

Hay bendito

josefigue said:
Hi Guys.Today I installed a new Brians GBodyParts 3" downpipe.Its a great item,stainless steel and then chromed.Its similar as an ATR.But I have a problem the downpipe touch the upper arm and the brake lines.I need some advice from your experience.The problem may be corrected with new motor mounts,upper arm bushings or what else?Please help. :(

If you have all stock parts (motor mounts, trans mounts, upper arm bushings and headers) and don't have the room for a heat shield to protect the bushings and don't want to put a dent on your new DP or bend it away from the UCA afraid to destroy the welds on the flange to clear the suspension, then send them pic's of your clearance issues, give GBodyParts a call and send it back, it is under warranty correct.

De nada
Peter

Everyone breath :) I wasn't bitching just putting out my experience. I have no issue with gbodyparts! Yes,call Brian he will fix it,replace it.

lpaulabbott said:
i had one cleared fine but had to return for warped flange this was 3 weeks ago still waiting do know how anyone else got one :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jose's went to Puerto Rico well over a month ago.
You should of had your's by now Brian.

As far as clearances the mounting holes are 3/8" in diameter & for arguments sake the bolts are 5/16".This will allow about 3/4" movement at the end of the pipe.In other words with the 4 flange bolts mounted almost snug you can move the pipe up or down before it is bolted tight for final clearance adjustment.I knew there were going to be guys with hi milage & low milage cars,Factory mounts & poly mounts.That is why we gave a little bit of adjustment.

Jose I returned your e-mail today any questions e-mail or call bud.

As far as the warped flanges & a few other problems yes we ran into a few.Out of almost 60 pipes going out & a first run I think we did pretty well keeping problems to a minimum & maintaining our customer service.

We have 30 more on the way,& another 30 ordered. We sent a compressor housing for the manufacturer to verify there are no warped flanges.I think like Steve commented there can still be a slight warping & the center still seal.I still feel I have 1 of the best appearing (bling bling factor) downpipes out there on the market.The sweep of the 90 of the housing is about 3/4" wider then most out there.Restrictions are also further down the pipe.
AS ALWAYS WE STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING WE SELL.

Bweavy said:
Jose's went to Puerto Rico well over a month ago.
You should of had your's by now Brian.

As far as clearances the mounting holes are 3/8" in diameter & for arguments sake the bolts are 5/16".This will allow about 3/4" movement at the end of the pipe.In other words with the 4 flange bolts mounted almost snug you can move the pipe up or down before it is bolted tight for final clearance adjustment.I knew there were going to be guys with hi milage & low milage cars,Factory mounts & poly mounts.That is why we gave a little bit of adjustment.

Jose I returned your e-mail today any questions e-mail or call bud.

As far as the warped flanges & a few other problems yes we ran into a few.Out of almost 60 pipes going out & a first run I think we did pretty well keeping problems to a minimum & maintaining our customer service.

We have 30 more on the way,& another 30 ordered. We sent a compressor housing for the manufacturer to verify there are no warped flanges.I think like Steve commented there can still be a slight warping & the center still seal.I still feel I have 1 of the best appearing (bling bling factor) downpipes out there on the market.The sweep of the 90 of the housing is about 3/4" wider then most out there.Restrictions are also further down the pipe.
AS ALWAYS WE STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING WE SELL.
yes it did fit like a glove no leaks and swing arm is very nice thanks for your great customer service

lpaulabbott said:
yes it did fit like a glove no leaks and swing arm is very nice thanks for your great customer service

Excellent! And thanks for chiming in Brian. :biggrin: