New DR's, 6262, trans, 9.5" nlu, SLIC, ALKY= 12.293@111.05

Here's the latest update. I only got to make 2 passes, and did not better my ET.

Car now weighs in around 3250lbs with a full tank of gas, & no driver. It went 120MPH out the back, so I was happy with the result.

Here's the latest update. I only got to make 2 passes, and did not better my ET.

Car now weighs in around 3250lbs with a full tank of gas, & no driver. It went 120MPH out the back, so I was happy with the result.

What was your 1/8 mph?

It definitely felt like it was pulling harder, longer down the track. It picked up over 3mph from my previous fast pass of 116.x

I thought for sure I could launch it on my 3rd pass, but I had glitch while staging & had to roll down the track.

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to get it together and better my et next time out.

Your doing great !
I am curious if you have any part throttle surging issues with this combo?

Thanks.

No surging issues while driving around at all. Although it doesn't seem to like it much if you back off at Mid Boost. I drive around it by slowly rolling off the throttle under those conditions. I don't get too crazy with it on the streets. If I want to get on it I make sure I have plenty of room and go full throttle.

If and when I can ever afford to get the thing painted I will pull the motor and get a cam. I am curious to see how the timing set is holding up. I remember it going on very tight and I have been running it without a tensioner.

...If and when I can ever afford to get the thing painted I will pull the motor and get a cam. I am curious to see how the timing set is holding up. I remember it going on very tight and I have been running it without a tensioner.

It's probably fine. I've been running without a tensioner for years and 10's of 1,000's of miles.

How much boost for 120mph? Impressive numbers.

I know you're right, and I will eventually get around to it, as time and money allow. I'm content to work with what I've got for the time being. I've got to re-torque the accessory bracket to the front of the engine, as it appears to be loose now. I'll also be testing a new torque converter from David Husek (turbobuick performance) next. So far it feels really good on the street, with improved drivability over the PTC unit that has been in the car.

I know you're right, and I will eventually get around to it, as time and money allow. I'm content to work with what I've got for the time being. I've got to re-torque the accessory bracket to the front of the engine, as it appears to be loose now. I'll also be testing a new torque converter from David Husek (turbobuick performance) next. So far it feels really good on the street, with improved drivability over the PTC unit that has been in the car.

I will be interested in hearing what differences you find with the converter change. Did you have drivability problems with the 9.5?

Didn't have any problems with the PTC 9.5". I'll be posting here and in the transmission talk section when I get a chance to try the new one at the track.

New PB last night. 11.0 @ 119.5mph with a 1.55 60ft.

Can't thank the guys at J&J enough for helping me get there. Thought I was flying solo at the track, and next thing I know Dave, Shev, & Steve all show up to help me out (again).

Everything came together on my last of 5 passes, and the car felt great. The numbers are all very close to my previous best, but it hooked well & went more than 3 tenths quicker overall.

After reviewing the logs it looks like a harder launch (and improved 60ft)as well as increased rpm between gear changes is what made the difference. I was able to pick up several hundred RPM, still letting the car shift automatically, with the new converter.