new ebay headers

Like I said, I would bet anything that the flanges are made from cheap C1018 Carbon Steel. Thats the only way they could afford to sell these at these prices. A chunk of stainless that big would be way too expensive. Also, I would prefer the headers be made from 400 series stainless because of the inherent tempering properties, but for this price I may just go for it. But Ill be pissed as hell if Im 5 hours into the install and have to drop everything off and throw the stockers back on cause the **** dont fit.

Well here are mine just test fitting, bolt hole alignment good no wallowed out holes and it looks like the flex plate may be close but haven't got that far yet. Will let ya know when i dump it in, if nothing else they're shiny and these are the ssauto ones.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 541
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 539
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 533
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 545
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 525
Looks like rust but its not like said previous welds look awesome and i actually just put on my flywheel and i have approx a 1/4" play i'm good to go! Hopefully,well i do have to mod plate to get at head bolts but sh#$ that ain't nuttin:wink:

I guess in a year or two we'll know if they crack or not

Seems like the problem is mostly in the crossover. I wonder if a vendor could make a crossover that fits well at a reasonable price?? Spending another $75 on top of $199 is still cheaper than a used set of ATR headers.;)

The quickest solution to this whole problem would be if they would switch to ball/socket flanges instead of these v-band flanges that look cool, but require perfect work, which these headers obviously suffer from a lack of.

The quickest solution to this whole problem would be if they would switch to ball/socket flanges instead of these v-band flanges that look cool, but require perfect work, which these headers obviously suffer from a lack of.

That's the truth!

That would take care of the Xover issue,but that would be to easy;)

JDM Headers I have a Set

I have a Set of the JDM Headers that Purchased of Ebay at the Buy it now Price at 299.99 and Payed $35 to ship. I have $335 in them that is what i would like to get back for them.

Anyone interested let me No.

Attachments

• flex.jpg
    flex.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 425
Can one of these be welded on the x-over 2 take up the "flex" and make the x-over fit?
Verocious Motorsports > flexible exhaust couplings,flexible couplings,stainless steel coupling,vibrant

Possibly, but it would have to be very short (to cut down on vibrations), and as you can see from the pictures, the crossover is WAY too close to the flexplate to allow safe installation.

It appears as though the people that started producing these things may very well have had a block and heads to mock up and make the headers/crossover with, but they must not have had a flexplate mounted up.

from what it looks like to me, theses headers are a hit and miss deal. When I see you guys praying to yourselves with "god i hope i get one of the sets that fit..." for 300 bucks? wow, thats a decent amount of money to risk, buying a set of import headers that may or may not work, fit, crack, whatever.. Can i work where you guys work?
All i know is, i work hard for my money, and i would NEVER just 'hope' that one of my parts work for three hundred freakin dollars.. screw that. Especially on a fly by night ebay company, that may, or may not answer your emails.. or may or may not even provide you with a PHONE number to call them.. thats just a start of a shady deal to me. screw that. if i send you 300 of my dollars, they BETTER fit. and if theres any problems, there better be a RELIABLE source to contact someone, that actually speaks english, and that actually WORKS ON CARS, not just molests a desk for 8 hours, trying his hardest to answer a question he has no clue about, cuz he drives a freakin 1998 ford taurus..

And how is 'thats just chinese quality' a racial slur? Its just someones thought.... Its not a slur if its a genuine fact. Theyre not really known for producing ANYthing of superb quality.. Ever see a super high quality chinese pocket knife? watch? firearm? car? nice tailored combed wool dress shirt? jets? yea right... I wonder why..... Yea, they may work longer than us, for cents on the dollar, but have zero pride or craftsmanship... Screw those headers. Yea, they shine a little brighter, and their welds are a little finer/neater.. do they actually work? SOMEtimes or ALL the time... We'll never know 'cuz its a hit and miss company. Save your money man...

if i send you 300 of my dollars, they BETTER fit.

Actually, they're $175 if you win the auction without "buy it now". This has become a "deal that's too good to be true". That's the reason people are taking the risk. Especially since ATR wanted over $900 for their product.

the minium i see is 222 with shipping.. IF you can win it at the opening bid of 185 without anyone else outbidding you.. which im sure they have their share of shill bidders waiting to jack it up for you... I agree, even 222 dollars is really good, for such a great looking set of headers.. but looks dont win races, or keep your car running either. Not all of us have access to a good welder, that can weld stainless should they need modifying. if thats what they really are. then, theres that post, of someone telling of how alot of their welds were coming off in the heat. Too much risk. Not a sure enough thing. And then even to THAT, its even more of a risk to have em break or whatever, and have zero support. maybe some of you guys have the time and money and patience to yank em off, have em repaired then reinstall them... again.. and hope they dont break....again. My stock headers, that came with my car in the trunk were free. I yanked the drivers side heat shield off, very nicely welded the crack, blasted em what i could, wire wheeled the rest, coated em in metal grey 1500 degree header paint, baked it on, and reinstalled the heat shield, and they look absolutely fabulous.. as if they were just made back in 1987...for 20 bucks out the door. and they work great too. :)