new ebay headers

the minium i see is 222 with shipping.. IF you can win it at the opening bid of 185 without anyone else outbidding you.. which im sure they have their share of shill bidders waiting to jack it up for you... I agree, even 222 dollars is really good, for such a great looking set of headers.. but looks dont win races, or keep your car running either. Not all of us have access to a good welder, that can weld stainless should they need modifying. if thats what they really are. then, theres that post, of someone telling of how alot of their welds were coming off in the heat. Too much risk. Not a sure enough thing. And then even to THAT, its even more of a risk to have em break or whatever, and have zero support. maybe some of you guys have the time and money and patience to yank em off, have em repaired then reinstall them... again.. and hope they dont break....again. My stock headers, that came with my car in the trunk were free. I yanked the drivers side heat shield off, very nicely welded the crack, blasted em what i could, wire wheeled the rest, coated em in metal grey 1500 degree header paint, baked it on, and reinstalled the heat shield, and they look absolutely fabulous.. as if they were just made back in 1987...for 20 bucks out the door. and they work great too. :)

I respect your opinion ,but $210.00 to my front door im willing to invest a little time into them to get them right. Its a hobby to me and i love to work on my cars, but your right if you just want to gas and go and think there is not going to be any fitment issues your dead wrong . So i would say to you dont buy them,but That why this whole tread was started to help each other with all the problems we incountered with this product. My 2 cents

I have a Set of the JDM Headers that Purchased of Ebay at the Buy it now Price at 299.99 and Payed $35 to ship. I have $335 in them that is what i would like to get back for them.

Anyone interested let me No.

Anyone want a Set. I Purchased One Set after a friend of mine Purchased

a Set. I would like to sell mine for what I have in them.

Mine were 238 and i did the buy it now with insurance.
Ummm even if they need a few hours worth of work they are worth it to me and apparently others on this board too.

This is how i view it, if im putting together a project and dont have a set of STOCK headers.
I would need to buy:
Stock headers that need work off ebay 20 years old = 100.00
ATR cross over 5-10 years old = 100.00
Plus shipping

Ever seen a pair of ball and socket stock headers with bent balls and stripped out nuts? Just cause they are stock doesnt mean they will bolt right in:mad:

Its the same price, both made out of stainless, and both need work to put on the car??

Why are there people bitching about these headers that havent even purchased them:confused: :eek:

Stock headers suck too.
Ive cracked 2 on my daily driver in the past 12 months, i have a buddy who tigs all day long and does all the ones here in KC,... Its not the welds that always break:rolleyes: :biggrin:
BW

Like i said... if one has their own welder, or a close friend that can weld, and weld good, cool.. so be it. but thats few and far between man. I did acknowledge that they were still a good price.. but they seem to be more of a project, than just a plug and play deal.. with no support at that.

If you plan on buying a set that have support and bolt right in here you go Headers
They are only 995.00 :biggrin:

For someone who wants a lil work to do getting them installed for 175.00

EBAY 175.00

BW

i know this is going to sound weird but anyone if those ebay headers will fit in a monza. i test fitted a set of stock manifolds and they fit

Ok here is my 300 to my door ssautochromes fit was fine it is close to downpipe and is a c*** hair away from my dust cover, also am gettin new clamp for 40 bones as long as they don't crack i'm good to go.

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 693
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 684
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 689
I just got through a complete rebuild and just dumped the engine in this weekend still have turbo and intercooler to put in, this thing kicked my arse, check back wednesday and i'll give an update, i will first run with provided clamps, then i've got some other ones comming and i'll let ya know on those also but all in all i'm happy!:)

Im making copper gaskets for those slip fit connection where the vbands are. Ill let you know how they turn out and price if anyone is intersted......

They will go in between the actual connection. it will be sandwitched between the 2 circle flanges. ill will deffinently keep you guys updated!!!

Well i could'nt as has been said to be one of the lucky ones and get a direct bolt on. When mocked up i never put the turbo on and that is where my problem lay, the flange was drilled with one bolt hole to close to the pipe to allow me to even get it into the stud, so i start dremmling (takin to long) so i drink beer and think while pondering my dillema i get a bright idea and double nut the stud and pull it out and put a bolt through there plenty of clearance on the other side. Well hopefully this will have a happy ending if they don't crack for awhile we'll see.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 649
Well i could'nt as has been said to be one of the lucky ones and get a direct bolt on. When mocked up i never put the turbo on and that is where my problem lay, the flange was drilled with one bolt hole to close to the pipe to allow me to even get it into the stud, so i start dremmling (takin to long) so i drink beer and think while pondering my dillema i get a bright idea and double nut the stud and pull it out and put a bolt through there plenty of clearance on the other side. Well hopefully this will have a happy ending if they don't crack for awhile we'll see.

So which ones did you get? I just ordered the ones from jdmmotorz so we'll see...
Good idea pulling the stud out. With my luck it woulda broke...:rolleyes:

Sorry to bring this one back up.

jdmmotorz is no longer a registered user on e-bay. Now the other vendors selling them will probably go up on the prices. :rolleyes:

Sorry to bring this one back up.

jdmmotorz is no longer a registered user on e-bay. Now the other vendors selling them will probably go up on the prices. :rolleyes:

Oh great! No wonder I haven't heard anything about my order. Was gonna give them till next week before I got in touch with Paypal...:(