new ebay headers

FlyinGN said:
Im slamming cause I DO have first hand knowledge.. They are crap.. I would not spend my hard earned $$ on them. I would not say this unless i saw them..

Which ebay seller did you purchase your set from?

For 200.00, i will fix em and make them work as others here have done.

600.00 + AINT in the budget :)

BW

Just got mine and they look really good,definitely put together better than the ATR's,welds are excellent,these cant be american made.Way better craftsmanship.There is some cleaning up inside the tubes thats need to be done,just extra metal than should be filed clean before it comes off and into the turbo_O2 bung in on them and the crossover looks like it will fit fine,might massage it a little where it comes really close to the #4 primary tube.I have two turbo cars and i will be trying these on my more(stocklike)car with a 3" THDP.For $243 shipped,i would buy them again,they came in two days too.

FlyinGN said:
Im slamming cause I DO have first hand knowledge.. They are crap.. I would not spend my hard earned $$ on them. I would not say this unless i saw them..

What's crap? The T/A headders? :confused:

I would be willing to bet a set of T/A headders lasted the lifetime of two TRs. :biggrin:

Who wants my JDMM headers?

Since so many of you are eager to "fix em and make them work" who wants to make an offer for my brand new in the box JDMMOTORZ headers? They are just as JDMM sent them to me. At least I won't retaliate with bad feedback if you are unsatisfied or if I decide to never ship them to you and you complain. I will even ship them to you just as they shipped them to me, loose and banging all around in the box. Oh, you don't mind a trip to the hardware store for the v band bolts do you?

T Spool said:
Since so many of you are eager to "fix em and make them work" who wants to make an offer for my brand new in the box JDMMOTORZ headers? They are just as JDMM sent them to me. At least I won't retaliate with bad feedback if you are unsatisfied or if I decide to never ship them to you and you complain. I will even ship them to you just as they shipped them to me, loose and banging all around in the box. Oh, you don't mind a trip to the hardware store for the v band bolts do you?

Got pictures of the damage to them?

I would hope that you would ship them if i paid for them.

wanner@kc.rr.com

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Got pictures of the damage to them?

I would hope that you would ship them if i paid for them.

wanner@kc.rr.com

BW

I was being a smarta** pointing out JDMMOTORZ business practices. People have given them negative feedback on ebay because they never ship them their parts or send the wrong stuff or in my case send me unacceptable headers and then JDMM turns around and gives that person negative feedback! Read back a little in this thread and you will see what my problem is. They have ignored my 3 requests for an exchange. I asked for suggestions on how to fix my problem header in this thread, but nobody has suggested anything. That's why i want to know what all of you are going to do when you get your headers in unusable condition? "Fix em up and make them work" How??????

You said "I would hope that you would ship them if i paid for them" My point exactly! JDMM doesn't always ship their parts until they receive negative feedback, then they give you negative to retaliate.

Attachments

• header flange 001.jpg
    header flange 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 551
  • header flange 002.jpg
    header flange 002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 540
ebay headers

T Spool said:
I was being a smarta** pointing out JDMMOTORZ business practices. People have given them negative feedback on ebay because they never ship them their parts or send the wrong stuff or in my case send me unacceptable headers and then JDMM turns around and gives that person negative feedback! Read back a little in this thread and you will see what my problem is. They have ignored my 3 requests for an exchange. I asked for suggestions on how to fix my problem header in this thread, but nobody has suggested anything. That's why i want to know what all of you are going to do when you get your headers in unusable condition? "Fix em up and make them work" How??????

You said "I would hope that you would ship them if i paid for them" My point exactly! JDMM doesn't always ship their parts until they receive negative feedback, then they give you negative to retaliate.

If I can have some header flanges made would you be interested?and anyone
else.I would just need to know thickness of flange.Then you can have your header welded to new flange.or another suggestion would be to have machine shop enlarge hole some and weld spacer in place aligned with threads on head and machine spacer flush with flange.hope this help.let me know...

Just think, if you raced some ignorant ricers for $100 a run, in 7 runs you could buy some nice TA headers and quit trying to piece together the Chinese headers you may, or may not, even receive after you pay for them.... :cool:

87buickracer said:
If I can have some header flanges made would you be interested?and anyone
else.I would just need to know thickness of flange.Then you can have your header welded to new flange.or another suggestion would be to have machine shop enlarge hole some and weld spacer in place aligned with threads on head and machine spacer flush with flange.hope this help.let me know...

Thanks for the suggestions. Welding in a spacer and machining flush seems feasable. Making new flanges, cutting the old ones off and welding new ones on seems cost prohibitive, especially when you can just buy a whole other set for now $243. Then again, JDMMOTORZ isn't getting another dime from me.

WHAT !!!!! No Big Deal/PIECE OF YOUR FAVORITE CAKE!!!!!!!!

Just run a bead around the edge of the enlarged hole with a mig gun from the sealing side (does not even have to fill the complete hole) than grind/file down to original surface carefully and file/drill or adjust new hole. NO BIG DEAL, PERIOD.. :eek: :biggrin: :cool:

:eek: BUT THIS SHOULD NOT BE!!!!!!!

wbrophy said:
Just run a bead around the edge of the enlarged hole with a mig gun from the sealing side (does not even have to fill the complete hole) than grind/file down to original surface carefully and file/drill or adjust new hole. NO BIG DEAL :eek: :biggrin: :cool:

:eek: BUT THIS SHOULD NOT BE!!!!!!!

Ok, thanks. That's what I was thinking could be done, but since I am not a welder needed confirmation I guess. I have a Dremel to do the drilling/grinding so I will just bring it to a welder to have them lay a bead and then grind it down.

T Spool said:
Ok, thanks. That's what I was thinking could be done, but since I am not a welder needed confirmation I guess. I have a Dremel to do the drilling/grinding so I will just bring it to a welder to have them lay a bead and then grind it down.

There is a place called Reliable Welding on 9 mile over on the East Side. The guy does incredible work. He is very reasonable too.

-Geoff

Can't beat the price. $199 BUY IT NOW! They have to better then my $900 ATR headers. I've repaired them sooo many times it pathetic. :rolleyes: ATR headers= JUNK. I guess it's time to go with the better quality China brand. :biggrin:

Anyone want used ATR headers for $400....lol

The T/A performance headers were my first choice.I would buy them if they weren't so pricey.The atr's are junk,mine cracked and when i went to see about them fixing them,they go outa business.Just a matter of time before they all crack,but my atr's cracked 4 different places,luckily i only had $100 in em.I will take my chance for $100 more and go the chinese route,since most aftermarket nowadays for anything is junk and imported...

Turbo1dr said:
Can't beat the price. $199 BUY IT NOW! They have to better then my $900 ATR headers. I've repaired them sooo many times it pathetic. :rolleyes: ATR headers= JUNK. I guess it's time to go with the better quality China brand. :biggrin:

Anyone want used ATR headers for $400....lol

Hey bud, hope you get yours... I did the same yesterday and was outbid at 190.90 by buickbuickboy.

I just purchased a set for 238.00 shipped with insurance, if they have issues maybe they got damaged in SHIPPING. LOL

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
I did the same yesterday and was outbid at 190.90 by buickbuickboy.

BW

The chances of me winning those headers for $175 is remote but I just gotta try... :D