new engine and turbo, chips what else?

oddiesGN

I have a 1987 grand national with a new engine built stock with a ta-49 turbo, has underdrive pulley, cold air intake, and a different maf sensor for the only mods. I plan on putting in a hot wire to the fuel pump an adjustable fuel regulator and a set of 42# injectors that came with the car. What should I set the fuel regulator at. Should I go with a bigger stall or will the factory one do. What boost should I run. The car came with three different chips don't know what they all do, the one that was in the car worked good all it says on the chip is mag-IV, the other one is an art carr power max 16823 E7F26, and the other is a hyper tech pt# 41 373. Should I go with any of these or should I get one programed for my car and if so what would be the best place to get this from.
All this car is going to be is a driver and when some one pulls up and thinks that there car is better than a grand national I would like the car to be at least respected, maybe take it to the track a few times a year to race some friends (only an 1/8th mile track).
What other mods do you think would be a good fit for my car for what I want to do with it if any more mods at all. Would meth injection be right for my set up, I was also told since I have bigger injectors to run e-85, it has a higher octane and I can run more boost.
This is the first turbo car that I have ever worked on, so I don't know alot about what makes these cars fast. I plan on keeping it for a very long time so I don't really want a race car only for the track I would like a car that looks good and to drive with the a/c on and still be able to smoke alot of other cars. I would appreciate any advice.

I would say get that hotwire kit, then get some 42#'s, alky and turbotweak chip. I'd say stay away from e85 unless it is something you can get locally. Scantool is a must

First you need to decide how fast you want to go and let every one know so they can point you in the right way to go.
I wouldnt use any of those chips go to turbo tweek to get a new chip made for your car. 42 are way to small for e85 if you want to run e-85 you are going to need at the least 80s. Dont get the 42s get at least 60s they will hanndle every thing you wil throw at them now and later unless you run e85 then get 80s check out the e85 section on this site. If you get the 60s get an allky kit to go with them.
For your turbo Some will say a stock convertor will work but you will probably want to get closer to a 2800 if you want it to spool like stock call any of the vendors on this site and tell them your turbo and they will tell you what convertor to get.

I think you should get an alky kit from Razor and use methanol injection instead of E85.

Finish your mods you want. Order a Turbotweek chip and install a Razor ALKY control. I run 42lb inj, a 49 turbo ,ALKY and a Turbotweek chip and push 26 lbs of boost all day long with perfect 780's on the Scanmaster. Oh yeah, GET A SCANMASTER!!! Other mods like bigger downpipe, bigger intercooler, bigger exhaust will come as the never ending addiction of the Turbo Regals sets in. Soon you will choose between feeding your family or new drag radials...LOL Go ahead and laugh, but you will see. My family ate last week, so I could get a new tranny next week...:eek::eek::eek::biggrin:

Oh, your new chip will tell you where to set your fuel pressure. 43lbs with vacuum line off.

:biggrin:

Thanks I'll put in the 42# injectors, hot wire, and I'll get the alky kit and a scanmaster, also get a turbotweak chip that matches my cars new mods.

If the fuel pump is stock get a high performance one in there, I got mine here Racetronix - G77 Fuel Pump Assembly - Kit Configuration Page be sure to order the one for your connector, see the bottom of the page in the link. Have fun with your new car !!
Also read this website Vortex Turbo Buick Performance before you go to much further, chat with the website owner here Buick V6 Turbo Tech - TurboBuicks.com start a thread and he will usually be the one to help you out, super nice guy, loves to help Buick Brother's out!

Chuck