You can type here any text you want

New ET at the track this weekend

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

Stock turbo at 18 psi, stock injectors, stock chip. Fuel pressure set at 44 psi. No knock with pump gas and xylene.

Other mods include:

Walbro 340 fuel pump
ATR 3” downpipe with a Tial external wastegate
ATR 3” exhaust with no cat
160o thermostat
Race Jace Power Plate
Precision Industries 3200 Vigilante Converter
ATR Crossover pipe
KYB AGX adjustable shocks and struts
Hotchkis adjustable panhard bar
Hotchkis lower control arms
Kenny Brown sub-frame connectors
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Adjustable boost controller
Scanmaster 2.1

Reaction .560

60 ft. 1.77

1/8 8.09 @ 87 mph

1/4 12.68 @ 107 mph

Went to 20 psi but didn't go any faster. Still learning. Didn't log scanmaster numbers like I should have at the track. I am planning on going to test and tune next weekend and logging all numbers on every run. I would like to get low 12's with current setup. EXCEPT for the chip. I want to find a good chip for this setup. Any recommendations?

Hey, I still had fun!

:cool:

Thrasher 100 or 97 would be a good chip. I wouldn't trust a full race chip on witches brew and some good boost, but that's just me. What tires are you runnin' ?, that's a damn good 60' if it's on regular radials. Little more timing+boost should get the traps up to 110+.;)

Hmmm,

Stock injectors Turbo and Intercooler, I like it. See sig, I have an 8 position chip from Modern Musclecar (around 5-6 years old) with high timing and have run up to 111mph with a blend of 110 and a little 91 left in the tank. With the DP you have and a good chip you should be able to get some better MPH out of it than me.

I personally feel that if you are running a stock turbo that is only blowing hot air over 20 or 21 psi then your best option is to go with a higher timing chip to get the most out of the car. Mine is 26deg and I was running only 17psi on about 107octane with no knock. Should be helpful to know when you are looking for a chip. I would recomend around 24degrees of timing or 26-24 deg variable timing for a racechip

Good times so far, just a couple of chips to play with and you will be low 12's maybe even high 11's.

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
Thrasher 100 or 97 would be a good chip. I wouldn't trust a full race chip on witches brew and some good boost, but that's just me. What tires are you runnin' ?, that's a damn good 60' if it's on regular radials. Little more timing+boost should get the traps up to 110+.;)

Hoosier Quick Time Pros.

Thanks for the responses boys.:cool:

Originally posted by Swede2
How much boost did you leave with at the line Mark ?

Daniel

2-3 psi. I can't use the emergency brake like Razor. My rear brake pads will not hold.

Good job!
Looking at your sig It only looks like one real HP part (the exhaust). Then a good set of dot's and a stall conv. That got you a 12.6 @ 107. The car probably still drives just like a stocker except probably a little more responsive. That kick a$$. Think of the blue oval 5.0 guys. They would have ALOT of dough in their cars to run those times. You start getting much faster your going to start feeling embarassed when you talk to other guys at the track. You'll be talking to some dude with a tubbed and stripped down big block. When he brags about it goining mid 12's .........it'll be real hard to hold the chit eating grin back :D .

Whats next? Another mod or two, or more playing with the current set up?

Jason

Originally posted by postal
Good job!
Looking at your sig It only looks like one real HP part (the exhaust). Then a good set of dot's and a stall conv. That got you a 12.6 @ 107. The car probably still drives just like a stocker except probably a little more responsive. That kick a$$. Think of the blue oval 5.0 guys. They would have ALOT of dough in their cars to run those times. You start getting much faster your going to start feeling embarassed when you talk to other guys at the track. You'll be talking to some dude with a tubbed and stripped down big block. When he brags about it goining mid 12's .........it'll be real hard to hold the chit eating grin back :D .

Whats next? Another mod or two, or more playing with the current set up?

Jason

I really need help with the right chip. High timing........low timing?? I need to find someone to burn me 2 or 3 and see what works best.

I would like to leave this turbo and injectors in as long as I can, see how low we can go. Raybestos rear pads may be next so I can e-brake launch. I think I can get to consistent 1.68 to 1.70 60's instead of 1.78 to 1.80 60's with a harder launch.

You are correct, this car is very streetable. In fact I drove it about 500 miles this weekend round trip to a track in central Texas. Most of your mid 12 second cars aren't driving them on the street like that. These truly are phenomenal cars!

Plus, I have my big block car into the 13.40's. My son drove it down there and we raced both of them, and drove them home. There is a lower time in that car as well.

Lotsa fun baby!:D

Captain Mark,

Have someone burn you an 8position chip, you wont regret the extra money spent when it comes to changing the chip in a TTA. Later when you mod the car some more with bigger injectors you can have it reburned pretty cheap. I love mine and the fact it only takes 1 second to change chips. Contact any of the chip burners and they should be able to hook you up and then you will have the street/race/valet/emmissions/Alky/high timing/low timing chip that you always wanted. I would stay away from Caspers 8 position chip though as it is pretty dated now, get one custom burned to your specs and you won't be disapointed.

And yes, it is fun running better than a trailer queen with a nearly stock car :D :D

With the stock setup, I would go with Reds or Thrasher. Those worked pretty good in mine. Both were about the same at the track but the Thrasher was better on the street.

Low 12s shouldn't be a problem.

Ever consider a proportioning valve bypass? I have ZERO experience with them but my buddy DRboost runs one he says the amount of boost he can hold goes way up when he activates it. I'm in the process of putting one in my car now. I'll have a little over $100 in the set up when I'm done with it. I'll let every one know if it works when I'm done with it.

Heres the way I look at it: 107 mph could prob be added to a little bit. Once you get this power level I think you should be making enough power to 60' a little better(especially with that convertor). Some of these guys who have had experience squeezing times out of stock parts should be real helpful for you.

I do have one question for you though. Are you locking up the convertor? This is some thing Ive never done before but peeps say its good for a few mph's and a few tenths. I have a $1500 trany in my car and the thought of t-brakes and lock up at wot always made me cringe. I have two spare motors and my only spare trany is smoked :rolleyes: . Infact I have gotten paranoid enough about my trany that I think I'm going to sell it and go to a Turbo 400 with a switch pitch conv.

Jason

Ya I got the raybestos rear pads at autozone. They were like 75 bucks..but they hold :D unlike the albany 16.99 that I couldnt but hold 2-3 PSI.

On my stock turbo with Nittos I would leave at 2-3 PSI and get into the lower 1.7's... flashing the converter, heating the tires..chip

On stock turbo and stock injectors I went 12.18 at 110 with a 1.69 on alcohol with a thrasher 92 chip, runing 23 1st and 2nd then 20 through the traps. I ran the 108 chip on race gas and had the same times.

Changed to 50's for injectors, same et and MPH only the duty cycle for the injectors changed. Put on the PT51 same boost..same ET. Upped the boost on the 51 ..bada bing..I am where I am.

Need a chip.. ya never got back to me..

Originally posted by Razor

Need a chip.. ya never got back to me..

Yep, fix me up dude. What do we need to do?

Jason, I have never locked the converter. The 3200 vigilante was in the car when I bought it. I haven't messed with the tranny or converter.

Back