New gen 2 install

buickgeoff

got a couple of runs today. Im running the tt chip.

the first is just idling in the garage.
the secound is driving alone when the car stumbles.

Attachments

• idleing day 1 with gen 2 tt chip.dat
    68.4 KB · Views: 61
  • normal driving 2 day 1 with gen 2 tt chip.dat
    373.8 KB · Views: 79
I went by the set-up on the TT chip and the extender chip. The TT chip I can drive the car to what u see. Extender chip the car falls on it's face to almost dying every time in drive.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

MAF out : gn stock MAF
MAF in: 4" magamaf
6 cylinder
Load source: use MAF/rpm
V-out 1 mode: spark control
V-out 2: set point

I have the maga 4" with built in MAF sensor. I just sent the gen2 into full throttle and they put version 1.19

MAF out : gn stock MAF
MAF in: 4" magamaf
6 cylinder
Load source: use MAF/rpm
V-out 1 mode: spark control
V-out 2: set point

I'm assuming when you changed to the Extender chip, you also changed MAF out value?

the chip for the Gen-2 is an "Extreme G" so MAF out needs to be set to Extreme/Pro

Bob

TT chip would be stock maf out.

Not that TT chips aren't good but to utilize the Gen2 you would need a extreme G chip.

The 4" mega is a s.o.b.

You can try to tune it in by adding fuel to get your BLM's down closer to 128. Since many of the BLM cells are high, you might add fuel to the mainscale setting in the Gen II. Add like 15% and drive around a bit to see what the BLM's do, and how it runs.

If it still has problems, then I would put an LS1 MAF on there and see if that fixes it up.

One other thing, double check the part# on your injectors to make sure they are 42's.

Not that TT chips aren't good but to utilize the Gen2 you would need a extreme G chip.

The 4" mega is a s.o.b.

Well I'll put in the extreme chip tomorrow and drive it. Then post another file.

You can try to tune it in by adding fuel to get your BLM's down closer to 128. Since many of the BLM cells are high, you might add fuel to the mainscale setting in the Gen II. Add like 15% and drive around a bit to see what the BLM's do, and how it runs.

If it still has problems, then I would put an LS1 MAF on there and see if that fixes it up.

One other thing, double check the part# on your injectors to make sure they are 42's.

I checked the injectors. Their 42s. I would hate to change the from the maga 4 pipe. With ur guys help I would like to see if we can get it tuned in.

The 4" mega is a s.o.b.

X2
The Extender Extreme G chip will allow access to more functions on the Gen2.
I'd Get rid of that 4" Mega MAF pipe & install a 3 1/2" LS-1 or Z-06(85mm) MAF ...........you will be much happier!
Tuning with the 4" Mega with integrated sensor has been known to be difficult if not problematic.

X2
The Extender Extreme G chip will allow access to more functions on the Gen2.
I'd Get rid of that 4" Mega MAF pipe & install a 3 1/2" LS-1 or Z-06(85mm) MAF ...........you will be much happier!
Tuning with the 4" Mega with integrated sensor has been known to be difficult if not problematic.

Well I would like to keep the 4" pipe so has anyone ever put a block off plate over the inter grated sensor hole and put a 3 1/2 LS-1 or Z-06(85mm) MAF before the pipe? The air filter is a 3 1/2 so it could work before the pipe.

Yes I have made a block off and used a 85mm maf. Had to trim the pipe down a little to make enough room for couplings, maf and filter.

Rick

Yes I have made a block off and used a 85mm maf. Had to trim the pipe down a little to make enough room for couplings, maf and filter.

Rick

Awesome. Well my filter is in the fender well so I'll have some room in there. What year and type of MAF do u guys suggest? Z06, LS1?