New GT67 is home, pics inside!!

Hope you don't think I was being a jerk. I thought the exact same thing and called Pat and said " hey this isnt a big shaft like you said it was" he explained about the nut and shaft at the end being the same on both the big and small shafts.

Hope this help. This is a stout unit. I took mine apart to make sure.

Is this a BB turbo.... or just lighter components? $1100 sounds like a nice price.

I have a T-70BB from Turbonetics I'm about to put on the car and wondering if this new GT series will spool quicker. I have a "109" block with billet caps and want to keep the thing together... but I'm not afraid to run 25psi when it gets properly tuned.

Just got a fresh tranny with some billet parts and installing a LU 9.5" 3400 stall convertor at the same time this weekend. Turbo/injectors/LS1 Trans+ are next..... Should be freakishly fast in a 2700lb street car.

-GNX7

I was looking through both Precision's and Innovative sites and they don't actually have a "application" listing for the GT or GT+R turboes... anyone have that info I can read over?

The link for the pics dont work :( .. Also when you do put it back to gether.. What stall will you be using?

Is any one going to make a BB version of this turbo?

I think ONE of the reasons bigger turbos dont spool as bad as you would think is because a bigger turbo doesnt have to spin as fast.
To produce 27psi boost and 50 lb/min of air flow:
a 64 has to spin at 87,000 rpm
and a 70 has to spin at 80,000 rpm

I wonder how fast your new turbo has to spin to supply these numbers.

Jason

Sorry the server the pics are on took a dump. :(

I have a Neal Chance 10" Converotr for the TH400 w/brake @ 275:1 low gear that will sit behind the motor, should be around 3200-3400 stall, I may have to loosen it up, but we'll see.

It will have 75 pph Delphi Injectors, Translator Plus, Extender extreme combination.

Originally posted by postal
Is any one going to make a BB version of this turbo?

I think ONE of the reasons bigger turbos dont spool as bad as you would think is because a bigger turbo doesnt have to spin as fast.
To produce 27psi boost and 50 lb/min of air flow:
a 64 has to spin at 87,000 rpm
and a 70 has to spin at 80,000 rpm

I wonder how fast your new turbo has to spin to supply these numbers.

Jason

I have an Innovative GT66 Dual Ball Bearing going on my car which of course isn't running yet. It was alot more than $1100 bucks. It better spool like a 44. ;)

Originally posted by TTA89
I have an Innovative GT66 Dual Ball Bearing going on my car which of course isn't running yet. It was alot more than $1100 bucks. It better spool like a 44. ;)

Mike, what converter are you going to use with the GT66 BB turbo? If I remember correctly you were talking about using a 12" 2800 stall LU converter when you first bought this turbo..... Have your plans changed?

I am still undecided about a convertor. They all seem to have problems :rolleyes: