New guy saying "Hi"!

smallengineguy

78's are Regals too!
Hello,

Just signed up, cool site and I'm looking to get some help and help out if I can. I have a 78 Regal Sport Coupe, Chevy 400 powered (I know, I know...) Hurst lightning rod shifters, 86 GN rear in it. Wanted to check in wth y'all.

Welcome to the board!!! You've come to the right place for alot of usefull (and useless :D ) information. But don't come in here and post without putting up some pictures of your ride!!! :biggrin: Welcome!!

NOne yet, engine went in last year. I'm finishing the rear end swap (had 2:73's in it!) Once that's done I'm going to see how it'll do.

cool car! you need a turbo six in it though. i have a carb/turbo engine in my 85 regal. it's pretty fun!

cool car! you need a turbo six in it though. i have a carb/turbo engine in my 85 regal. it's pretty fun!

That's what it DID have in it, a tired 3.8 turbo. Pointless to rebuild. I thought of a GN engine in it, but It would havebeen a LOT of work to wire it, etc. SBC 400 bolted right in.

yeah it's hard to beat a 400. i had one in a 67 nova 9'' tire street car that went 9's in the 1/4 on the juice! :eek:

Ahhhh young grasshopper.... sometimes the path of least resistance is not the correct course. :biggrin: