New Intercooler comming soon!!!!

Just my .02

If you're gonna make a new IC, sacrifice 2 bells and one whistle and make it affordable! I know that's what keeps me from buying a new IC, and it's probably what keeps 25% of other TR owners from buying one as well. If you make an IC that costs just as much as the other guy, what's the big deal? Unless of course it's a technological breakthrough, but, make one that is better than stock and only costs $400.00 and you got me breaking open my piggy bank. - BB:p

Originally posted by Nick Micale

Lets get the V-4 out of the picture first, it is a good piece but difficult to obtain, and it is still based upon 20 year-old technology.

Hey Nick,

Tony here. Could you please expand on specifics of what exactly 20 year-old technology?

considered. The horizontal mount has lots of merit as does stock location due to installation considerations.

Downflow configurations do have positive benefits just that none of these benefits apply to Turbo Buicks.

With the new technology cores and some inovative arragement, we should

What new technology are you referring to?

See ya,

Tony

Originally posted by Nick Micale

Lets get the V-4 out of the picture first, it is a good piece but difficult to obtain, and it is still based upon 20 year-old technology.

Hey Nick,

Tony here. Could you please expand on specifics of what exactly 20 year-old technology?

considered. The horizontal mount has lots of merit as does stock location due to installation considerations.

Downflow configurations do have positive benefits just that none of these benefits apply to Turbo Buicks.

With the new technology cores and some inovative arragement, we should

What new technology are you referring to?

See ya,

Tony

Tony, Clean86 here{Jeromy Gamble} why do the downflow configurations have no benefits on the TR.

I don't understand why someone would start saying that there is no benefit without even knowing how we are building the cooler or what it is being maid out of.

When the cooler [ horizontal mount] is on my car There will be plenty of testing with real numbers to back it up. Boost before the cooler and after, temp before and after as well as flow.
If I put it on and it doesn't work,[it will], The numbers will show it.

Let's not start saying things arn't beneficial until after after the numbers are in.

THX

I thought the V4 and all other CAS units used extruded tube and fin cores these days. Are we talking about something even more new corewise, or, is the new technology referred to something other than core material?

Steve, we have a lot of different options to go with as far as NEW cores and tanks and mounting are concerned. So the answer would be yes.

From what I've read, along with others, extruded tube and fin is the latest in core developement. I would think that if that is true, then you would have to make that the basis of your core design. Anything less, could make it harder to sell.

If there is something better out there (core) than EX.T&F that is a plus, if you come up with it.

If it turns out to be at least as efficient as the leading stock location IC, you're going to make things real interesting in the marketplace. If you can deliver within a week or two....well..even more interesting. :)

You already have me holding off on placing an order for a stock mount. Can't wait to find out about yours.

Don't forget that a lot of people also have the front end V braces, besides the sway bar. I don't think they should interfere...right?

THX Turbo for the interest in the cooler designs.

I don't wan't to get into what the core design is YET. But should be able to soon.

I am going to have the horizontal mount on my car as soon as it is built, and yes I also have the cross braces on mine and it will be fabed to work and fit within that area without ground clearance problems.

It will be MUCH more efficient than the stock cores and I believe, and hoping to prove, that it will be as efficient as a FM but without any cooling issues.

We are still working on many different parts of total package but we are planning on having some in stock so shipping is quick and easy.

Hope this helps answer any questions.

THX Jeromy

I am also in the market for a couple of I/C's

Love Tony's stuff, but hard to get apparently
My eyes are wide open ( thanks to toothpicks )

Trot it out and see how she runs !

Cost is not the determining factor, performance and build quality is !

Due to the holidays and a busy schedule, the progress of this intercooler has not been as fast as we wanted. The configuration is still being designed. It may end up using stock location mounts but still be completely different in design.

I am not an expert in intercooler field, but the people I am working with very much are. Not just theoretical, but they produce hardware. They have just finished a intercooled, turbo Mustang-R which is a VERY difficult. one-of-a-kind project which has now given them time to turn to the GN intercooler.

Contrary to "expert opinions" made here, the core being considered here is much more efficient than the stock-types. It does a better job in heat transfer, as well as being much less restrictive.

The "packaging" concept is also unique to turbo Buicks, however it is being used very successfully in other automotive applications. Our goals remain to make this a very high performance piece at an affordable price.

The present schedule is that we will try to have the protype installed for testing during Feburary. Progress will be reported as we go.

Great news, Nick!

It looks like February 2003 will be a mega-month for TRs!

The TA block, TA heads, this new & improved Intercooler...W-O-W!

Perfect timing, too...lots of tax refunds to exchange for HP!

ESPECIALLY GREAT that it's all coming from reliable sources!

:) :) :)

Nothing here, Nick may have more info. I couldn't get anything done as my car STILL!!!! isn't running.

Anyone looking for a clean 86 GN T-top? I am throwing in the cards!

Two Lane, who are you and where are you from?

tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full...