rjbyram

turbo mga
hi, i'm new to this site and have been sorting thru some of the volume of information here. my interest in joining is a project i'm doing that will require lots of help as i go forward. the project is squeezing a 3.8 turbo into a mga. i had a 87 gn back in 87 and was amazed at the performance. better than any of the vetts ,z28s etc. that i've had over the years. a buddy of mine has been setting on an 87 gn motor for 20 years after he got it from a wreck. i finally talked him out of it and it now is on a stand in my shop. it is mostly complete with turbo, cooler , harness etc. missing some plumbing and sensors that have been borrowed over the years. i've got a 200 r4 coming from ck and once its bolted to the motor i'll see what it takes to get it in.
after that long introduction, my question is "has anyone had experience with the gn motor in a 2000+ pound car". i'm sure there will have to be some changes but would be grateful for any suggestions that you folks may have.
i'll keep you posted on my progress, it will take a while.
thanks in advance,
bob

Welcome aboard. Check out the hybred section and see what kind of cars have a transplanted heart. Here's a few pics that may inspire you. Not a member on here but it's a neat car to say the least.

Attachments

• P7260243.jpg
    P7260243.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 71
Mine is going into a 73 Vega GT and it won't weigh much more than 2600lbs when done. I have had plenty of V8 Monza's and clones but they never had near the torque of these V6's so it will be fun to learn this car from scratch.