You can type here any text you want

New Mickey Thompson DR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

conn84gn

Getting ready for spring if it ever comes Didn't get out of the thirties today
New set of 255-60-15 MT Drag radials came today:biggrin:
Two extra grooves?

Attachments

• MT1.jpg
    MT1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 776
  • MT2.jpg
    MT2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 782
I've been considering a pair of those. Keep us posted on how they work for you!

Bought the DR's from Summit
Got them in 4 days
Fit perfect on the T Rims (mine are 84's with the black paint.)
Lighter than the steel GN rims
Bought the 87' Rims new still in the GM boxes in 2002:biggrin:

More pics, more pics please. I'm going to be ordering my tires this week and can't decide which way to go.
It's either that exact tire to put on my spare T wheels, or else a pair of ET Street 27x10.5 bias plys.
Side pick would be great.
Thanks

Patrick

i tell you what i got a pair of 275 50's and i used to spool up 5 psi on the street and spun 1st, 2nd, and into third then i put these on and without heating them up on 18psi of air in them i can spool up 10 psi and leave a 6 inch patch and hold on because it is like getting slung from a slingshot felt like i added 100 horses BEST INVESMENT hooks better at the track

Here are side pictures of the MT DR's 255/60/15 27" Tall
The tires on the bottom of the pile are
M&H DOT Drag Masters G60-15 non radial going up for sale soon

Attachments

• MT3.jpg
    MT3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 656
conn84gn,
Thanks for the side pic. Those tires mounted on those wheels are exactly how I pictured them in my minds eye. I currently have 295/50/15s on my stock T wheels and wanted a sticky tire that would be the same height on my spare T wheels without having to run any spacers like I have to now. I think my mind is made up now. Those look great.
I appreciate it.

Patrick

M/T radials

I have 295/65r 15's on mine and best 60' was 1.45 so far but mine are 30" tall:eek: have a nice feel at the track.

Steve

Attachments

• 2006 gsca nats B-1.jpg
    2006 gsca nats B-1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 572
Getting ready for spring if it ever comes Didn't get out of the thirties today
New set of 255-60-15 MT Drag radials came today:biggrin:
Two extra grooves?

Grooves make the tire more street friendly.

If you don't have them- get them. Best investment you could make!

I have the 275/60/15 MT drag radial. Great tire, they will hook and give you whiplash on the street and at the track. They do not last very long, that's the only downside to me.

Chris

Hey, Turbo6Chicago, how much clearance do you have with those 325's on each side? Have you ever run that large a tire on it before?

Jim

Hey, Turbo6Chicago, how much clearance do you have with those 325's on each side? Have you ever run that large a tire on it before?

Jim

I haven't made any exact measurements yet, but they don't rub. The rims only have 4" backspacing so they aren't very close to the frame, and the outside edge doesn't rub the quarterpanels because I keep the airbags inflated, so the body is lifted up. This is the largest tire I've used so far, my 18"s had 275s in back. 325s are overkill on my car and probably overkill for a majority of GNs out there. I've just always liked the look of huge tires.

backwheel.jpg

I've recently purchased a set of the 255/60/15 et streets from summit also. I tried a buddy's 275/60/15 and they would rub occasionally. The 255/60 is the perfect size and height for a stock GN wheel with no suspension mods. I have been very happy with the traction 1.70 60 ft with a stock turbo (8 psi). I am sure I could do better but I am still learning about the car. I am also surprised a how good they ride on the highway. I had the car up to 80 on my last trip to the track and I liked the ride better that the 275/50/15 BFG's that I had before. I am planning to keep the et streets on the car all the time because I don't put many miles on it.

I was leaning torward the 275/60/15
But felt the stock GN/T-Rim was too narrow.
Not that I expect to get good wear out of these:)
A friend has the 235's and the car rides like with a stock radial tire
Just be careful under wet conditions

Back