New MT wheels on my GN

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
John Wilde,
This is just for you! I just spent 1 hr setting up my host account so i could link this pic.. GN/GTO 's wife, Irela sent this to me.

BTW those are MT 15 x 3 with a 27.5 MT front runner
rears are 15 x 10 with the Phoenix 28.5 x 10.5

New%20wheels.jpg

Dusty Bradford said:
Looks good Louie. They look good on everything I've seen so far.

Dusty,
Thanks. Just trying to keep up with yours...at least in looks

;)

New%20wheels2.JPG

Louie L. said:
John Wilde,
This is just for you! I just spent 1 hr setting up my host account so i could link this pic.. GN/GTO 's wife, Irela sent this to me.

BTW those are MT 15 x 3 with a 27.5 MT front runner
rears are 15 x 10 with the Phoenix 28.5 x 10.5

New%20wheels.jpg

Nice! Now i have to run out and get some....j/k. :D

Hey Louie it looks great! I see those pics were taken at the track, how does it run?

JC Turbo said:
Hey Louie it looks great! I see those pics were taken at the track, how does it run?

John,
That weekend it ran a easy 9.88. Is back up and running and we will see if it can do better next test and tune;)

Louie,

These were worth the wait!!!
DAMN SICK!!!! :eek:
My new wall paper has arived.

I am very hurt that you did not email me though!!! ;)

John Wilde said:
Louie,

These were worth the wait!!!
DAMN SICK!!!! :eek:
My new wall paper has arived.

I am very hurt that you did not email me though!!! ;)

John , I was actually testing you . Took you quite a while to see this... XBOX360 got you that busy ? :wink:

Louie L. said:
John , I was actually testing you . Took you quite a while to see this... XBOX360 got you that busy ? :wink:

Good point I have not played the X360 in about 3 weeks since my Dad
has been in the hospital. My wife has also been sick since about Saturday so I have been trying to take care of her.
Thanks for reminding me, I will have to fire it up tomorrow.

BTW: The car looks excellent!!!
Let's see an 8.9 this year!!!

The shot in the waterbox is my favorite. Is the front bumper chrome, or is it just a reflection?

JC Turbo said:
The shot in the waterbox is my favorite. Is the front bumper chrome, or is it just a reflection?

It was chrome for that week end. I had a bit of an accident at home while loading it on the trailer.. :eek:Ended up pulling the broken pieces off and borrowed them from my street car. But its all good again. :biggrin:

Louie I have used those same wheels since about june of this year and was told they have discontinued the two piece wheel. Are yours the newer one piece wheel or did you get a set of the original 2 piece?

RTviper,
The rears are 2 piece. The front is a one piece wheel.. I didnt know there had been a two piece front wheel.

Mine are 1 piece in the front also. I had a problem with some of the finish on my rears and was told they only had 2 wheels left in the 2 piece style but when the 1 piece came out I could trade them. So either they were giving me some BS or you got the last 2 of the 2 piece rears? Anyway they look great

What was wrong with the finish ? My rears had very small scratches on them ..Also some of the al. was stained. I was able to rub it out.. but not what i expected for a 350.00 wheel..I was going to return them ..but figured new next set would have the same crap.

The fronts were absolutely perfect.

BTW these were from Summit. The fronts came from NV and the rears from Oh.

The finish had a area all around the rim that connected to the center section that wasnt polished real well. M/T said they all had this problem so they discontinued the 2 piece design. They are producing the same wheel only it will be 1 piece for the rear also. They told me I can exchange the 2 piece for the 1 piece when they are made. Like you said they are expensive wheels and for the money should have a better finish. Now that the other wheels are a 1 piece I think I will keep the ones I have as they wont be like the new ones.

RT,
So the rears are like the fronts now ? Name style ? I just noticed Jegs only lists on piece wheels now... :rolleyes: