You can type here any text you want

New NHRA Rule - Oil-retention Device

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
the sfi version that is 400.00 , is a balistic blanket.. that will stop a connecting rod from protrudeing through it..it is Identical to all the trans blankets that stroud or others make.. but the are bulky AND hold a LOT of heat in the motor.. the cheepy is nothing more than a giant depends wraped around the botom of the pan.. but will get you by 95% of tech inspections.. {if your just tryin to get by that is..} steve

I got the 2008 NHRA rule book yesterday. Super Gas class and up require a oil retention device. It is suggested for Super Street, but not required. There are new penalties for all classes for oildowns in the general rules. In the Pro classes the fines get pretty steep. The Sportsman classes are a bit more tolerance.

Getting back to the question, is there anyone making these diapers specifically for our motors ?

George

Getting back to the question, is there anyone making these diapers specifically for our motors ?

George

In a word George - NO!

When I talked with the NHRA tech director last month, he said that Stock and Super Stock classes are not included in the diaper rule.

The current SFI diapers I have seen on Comp and Super Comp cars will not work on an engine with motor mounts on the side of the block, as they use front mount plates and a mid-plate.

In a word George - NO!

When I talked with the NHRA tech director last month, he said that Stock and Super Stock classes are not included in the diaper rule.

The current SFI diapers I have seen on Comp and Super Comp cars will not work on an engine with motor mounts on the side of the block, as they use front mount plates and a mid-plate.

Thanks Nick ..... Would our Stage 2 cars be classified as Super Stock do you know ? for the diaper rule.

What's the call for Bowling Green this May as far as Diapers are concerned ?

George

George, the NHRA tech director knows me from the days I was with the Gallina's cars, both stock and super stock. This was a base of reference.

They do not know or care if it is a stage block or stock block.:)

Back