You can type here any text you want

New Nissan GT-R

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Are you kiddin me, saw one yesterday at a parking lot, what sweet machine, what a lightning fast 4 wheel drive twin turbo screaming machine. I really like the subtle look, it doesn't scream out like a clown. I am really tempted, no other car has pulled me in like this since the GN. The GN doesn't scream performance like a clown either, it simply hauls the bacon nice and quiet.
Mike
86 GN

Nice car, bad transmission.

....and the profit from the sell of that car goes straight overseas to fund a foreign government.........

Nice car, bad transmission.

X2!!! I can't believe some of the problems owners are having trying to get warranty issues resolved! All that money for a car with a Waterford Crystal transmission, go figure. What a POS. Oh, but it's just about every magazines "Car of The Year"............:rolleyes:

Ken

X2!!! I can't believe some of the problems owners are having trying to get warranty issues resolved! All that money for a car with a Waterford Crystal transmission, go figure. What a POS. Oh, but it's just about every magazines "Car of The Year"............:rolleyes:

Ken

The people that voted the GT-R the Car Of The Year weren't the same people that had to pay $20k for a new transmission. :rolleyes:

Cant say where I saw it but, there is some warranty contract that you supposedly have to sign to be strictly serviced by Nissan ONLY. And the prices for servicing were astronomical.

Cant say where I saw it but, there is some warranty contract that you supposedly have to sign to be strictly serviced by Nissan ONLY. And the prices for servicing were astronomical.

My buddy had to sign a contract stating that if he uses the lunch control unit
or goes 165 mph it would VOID the warranty.Also if the service isnt done by nissan it would also void the warranty.Oil changes are $125:eek:

There's 3 good reasons not to own one of them.

....and the profit from the sell of that car goes straight overseas to fund a foreign government.........

There is no "profit" on this car. Even at $100K, Nissan would lose money on everyone it sells.

Thats hard to believe. Got any links for support?

It's a "halo" car that they make for corporate image like the Ford GT.

Ford lost money on those @ $160K and they made a lot more per year than Nissan is making of the GTR.

If they were profitable, Nissan would make as many as many as they could build.

Q: Nissan is practically broke, so why would they make a profitable car "limited production"?

A: because it costs more to make and support them than they make off of them, but with $200 million dollar advertising budgets, a car like a GTR gets them free advertising for spending money on a car instead of a car commercials.

They don't make any "profit" off of them, though.

It's a "halo" car that they make for corporate image like the Ford GT.

Ford lost money on those @ $160K and they made a lot more per year than Nissan is making of the GTR.

If they were profitable, Nissan would make as many as many as they could build.

Q: Nissan is practically broke, so why would they make a profitable car "limited production"?

A: because it costs more to make and support them than they make off of them, but with $200 million dollar advertising budgets, a car like a GTR gets them free advertising for spending money on a car instead of a car commercials.

They don't make any "profit" off of them, though.

Right on... free advertising via word of mouth and every magazine article published. It is basically an engineering exercise to show their capabilities and to build brand credibility.

Guess your right, I did a little digging myself............

Further info to surface also reveals the GT-R is actually a loss maker for the Japanese manufacturer and not until they roll out more cars on the same platform (such as an Infiniti version) will the automaker see the balance sheet return to the black.

Every Infinity and Nissan are based on the exact same platform with the same engine. Everthing from the FX45 SUV to the Z look the same underneath to me.

It's a joke that the ZR-1 was not voted the best. Could you imagine a Nissan dealer telling you that a special Nissan team needs to be called, in at your expense, to replace the $20,000 transmission. Because you used the launch control that they provided!!! What a joke.

Some facts about the GT-R.
One of my techs just got back from a special Nissan training GTR deal. Here are some interesting Facts.
-Can only launch the car 15 times before the transmission gives out. The most Nissan has got was 34 launches.
-The fluid lists at 80 dollars a quart. It costs dealerships 49.99 a quart. The car takes 10 quarts.
-The warranty depends on the driving, there is a black box in it just like an airplane.
-Customers have to sign a waiver stating they will not complain about brake or transmission noise.
-The brakes MUST be replaced at the same time, cost for replacing 6500.
-If something goes wrong other than an oil change at the dealership, a special team needs to be called and your outta a car for a while.

Backing up TMS on this one about the GTR.: General Chat: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

It's a joke that the ZR-1 was not voted the best. Could you imagine a Nissan dealer telling you that a special Nissan team needs to be called, in at your expense, to replace the $20,000 transmission. Because you used the launch control that they provided!!! What a joke.

Some facts about the GT-R.
One of my techs just got back from a special Nissan training GTR deal. Here are some interesting Facts.
-Can only launch the car 15 times before the transmission gives out. The most Nissan has got was 34 launches.
-The fluid lists at 80 dollars a quart. It costs dealerships 49.99 a quart. The car takes 10 quarts.
-The warranty depends on the driving, there is a black box in it just like an airplane.
-Customers have to sign a waiver stating they will not complain about brake or transmission noise.
-The brakes MUST be replaced at the same time, cost for replacing 6500.
-If something goes wrong other than an oil change at the dealership, a special team needs to be called and your outta a car for a while.

Backing up TMS on this one about the GTR.: General Chat: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

Your right about that,i even told my buddy when he was working on the paper work and signing off on the waivers that he should'nt buy the car.95 grand with no warranty is a joke.Personally i would have stayed with the turbo viper that he sold to but the GTR.Dont get me wrong the GTR is on hell of a car but the flaws with the tranny and warranty is a big deal breaker buy far.

Back