new od without od???

kustomwerker

i just put in my 2004r trans a little while ago, and just finished it up today...it was rebuilt, and then sat around the shop for 4 yrs...before i put it in, i changed the vb to a bto unit that had also been sitting for a while...trans shifts very positive from 1-2 and ok 2-3, but wont kick down, and no od...sometimes wont go into first when at a stop...starts off in second...when in 3rd, l-u works...when shifted into od, it stays in third...if you let off the gas, it will freewheel to idle, and if you get back in the gas, it goes right back up to 3rd...no slipping...if in 3rd, it will not freewheel down...converter is about new, with only about 15 miles on it, and is also a bto unit...2400 w/l-u...maybe stuck valves in vb???any help is greatly appreciated...you guys always come thru on the 2004r stuff!!!

also what mods should i do to the governor to get more rpm out of it before shifting automatically...seems to shift really early...is the only way to go with a monte ss governor???or can i shave the one i have???

well, i fooled around with tv adjustments, and got nowhere, so i pulled the pan and dropped the governor...i`ve read these things like to spit springs...no such luck, so on to dropping the vb...sure enough, one of the valves was bound up...if looking rear to front, it`s one of the 2 valves that point to the accumulator housing, and its the 1 on the right...will this cause a no od scenario???also, when pulling the tv linkage, there is a rod that pushes into the vb that has a spring around it...the spring went flying, and is nowhere to be found...is it very important, or can this be deleted???if it cant, where do i buy one...is the springrate important???any old spring???i`m beggin for help here...lol...as always, any help is appreciated...

holy crap!!!that helps a ton!!!it was the 3-4 shift valve...i was thinking upside down in the last post i made, but looking at the exploded view, it definately was...thanks a ton for the vb diagram man...