330' 4.649
1/8 7.270
mph 94.00
1000' 9.531
1/4 11.452
mph 116.93

still need to downlaoad the WB data , egt 1642

timing 27 /26 /22
boost 25 /25 /30! (thank god for alky!!)

25,25,30 :eek:

Congrats.. that car keeps getting faster and faster.

Your up there on the fastest TA49 cars.. 11.45

Think of only two others, Bo with a TTA ran 11.34 and Hank Terry was an 11.4x. And you didnt have fall weather to help.. outstanding..

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! I can't wait to get my car back together and get the alky installed and see what it'll do. WOW! Nice job! :eek:

the 30 psi was a fluke but it wasnt knocking so i kept the pedal down
02s were way low but they arent reliable anyway as Ive recorded 750mv climb to 760mv through third on DS and WB showed 11.5 a/f and steady drop to 9.5 a/f

two weeks ago car had steady knock under boost and found the stock cam lost most of #5 exhuast lobe so in went the edelbrock and lifter ,and turned same times as two weeks prior of 11.6 113with the TE44 std wastegate 24-25psi
I had a light smoke issue afterthe cam so i pulled the te44 which was already approaching 115and would have sent me home early for no cage on the next pass , so I tossed on the stocker and couldnt get the boost i wanted from it in third , with HD wastegate it would hit 28 on shift then drop to 25 or less and car was smoking more than ever so i did the valve seals , still had some smoke so pulled the intake again for a reseal and found some in out play in the stocker so on went the 49 , smoke problem cleared up so off to the track i went with the same HD wastegate and BSTC . first pass was supposed to be a soft run to get the data to see what direction to go in. Not wanting the boost to be high i set the gain down from 2:00 to 10:00 and i flipped the #4 dip switch to reduce from 1-2 ,( rear dial was set to 80% clockwise ) which should have lowered third boost , should have been about 23# or so since it was 20# with bstc off, i run the ecm boost wire disconnected to prevent the 100% signal when you turn unit off, wastegate rod set minimal pull on to hold puck.
chip was set at base fuel which for me already had 10%WOT fuel above std 23# 23/20* alky chip , 27/26/22 timing chip setting (128/140/134)

i I was the 4th car to pass down the track so little to no water at the line sun was out and temps were close to 67* the launch stuck (18psi in tires) , 25# 1st , 25# 2nd then third hit and boost gauge went full so i reached over turned the BSTC gain knob down which should have reduced third in relation to the gain but still had what looked like steady 29-30 psi .should have flipped the switch to off but i only had had a hints of KR 2.0 soon as third hit which i usually get knock there anyway due to the converter being locked and the sudden drop in rpm of nearly 1600 rpm, went through traps at 5750 inj duty 89.7% on the 50# injectors , alky was set to 12:00 and apparently did its job (thanks julio!!).
if this run had been on race gas i would be picking up parts

looks like the turbo took a dump though as the next burnout i felt what i thought was the tires taking a firm bite into the track surface midway through the burnout , went to launch and boost wasnt coming up ,thought the converter was toast (sounded like the sprag went like last time) or trans failure , had to take a drive down the 1320 at 50mph 21.94 heard what sounded like sraping and seemed to be from intake more so than from under car , couldnt really be sure because i had to keep windows up while on the track.
quick check in pits and found three of the compressor blades made contact with the housing and rolled over the edges , pulled it apart this morning and shaft is in one peice and spins but one side of the wheel is worn down , still not sure what went wrong so stocker is back on , quick brake boost and she went right to 15psi so Im back in business make slicks out of MT radials :D

Awesome times man, i need to try more timing i guess, you are right where i am but with stock heads etc....thanks for the kick in the ass :D

the heads , intake and exhaust manifolds are still untouched , head gaskets are still original ones installed in 87

when i had the intake off for the cam install there wasnt much difference between the gasket and the head or the intake so i left them as is and took the time to line up the runners and gasket before bolting it down .

car is basically stock and at first looks appears that way but look further and very little other than the longblock actually is original , nothing has been overlooked for what i use car for and still puts out 34* A/C and averages 24 on the highway and never runs hotter than 179

the turbo is (was) an .82 exhaust TA49 with only the compressor outlet ported and the exhaust inlet matched to the header , puck ported but that has no effect on performance
cas v4 polished 20row stock mount intercooler (HD hoses and clamps)
up pipe is stock and ends smoothed
TB is steve monroes 62mm ported stocker
plenum is PTE 65 with matching powerplate
50# msd injectors with caspers HD harness
stock manifolds and crossover
mease 3" stainless DP
no cat(not needed) testpipe w/3"elc dump (had dump closed )
hooker dual 2 1/2 (aero chambers)
HR partsnstuff poly driver mount (no torque straps!!)
3" kirban inlet pipe
3" LT1 maf and translator ,hotwired to work better with alky (base settings)
4" home depot cold air with 9" K+N under car (inlet temps stay close to actual temp)
Ac r43TS .032
msd 8.5 wires
new GM coil and module (type 1)
LT1 140A alternator (14.6v output)
newest walbro pump (not the old 340M) hotwired , billet FPR
stk radiator 160 therm, dual fans, hotwired , water and rmi25
BSTc boost controll with two stock gm wastegate solenoids
all lines that can see boost are ziptied or clamped
cam/crank/tps/o2 sensors all fresh

edelbock 204/214 cam and lifters
edelbrock timing set
front cover is original and pump hasnt been messed with

200-4r hi-pro (dynotech)
GNx tranny cooler mounted like gnx
28-3200 10.5 protorque lockup (locked at line)
HD ujoints
kirban drive shaft loop (modified to clear)
28 spline superior axles
moser c' clip elims
eaton posi
moser long studs (stock GM open lug nuts with long caps)
steel valve stems
hurst line lock (after prop valve)
s10 wheel cylinders , soft shoes ( steel drums )
powermaster from 86 wagon

front suspension
sway bar removed ,70/30 front shocks , stock springs and bushings
rear suspension
southside style lowers (no bushings) and heim end adjustable uppers
HR partsnstuff rear bar
cargo coils w airbags
pepboys cheap gas shocks
all gm bodybushings w/ lowers and #5

ALKYCONTROL.com single nozzle progressive alky injection 93 octane (cheapest 93 i can find) and VP methanol
eric marshall , turbotweak.com alky chip

smc egt (pre turbo)
directscan
LM-1 w/rpm
audible knock detector
scanmaster (on dash)
sport comp water / oil / boost 30-30 (maybe i should step up to a 35)

aluminum bumper supports and light weight alum spare combined with the gta style 16" rims brings the total race weight with 1/2 tank and driver to just over 3600lb which isnt bad for a hardtop Gn with every option except twilight and astro

if i keep this up ill need a rollbar in this one too