New Product: The ISAC

Depending on how you configure the boost control, if you choose to use it, you can run at least 1 other device powered off a window switch so either a 7th, a nitrous solenoid, shift lite, etc. Plus your alky, of course.

Simultaneously, unless I am badly mistaken... At least 2 at the time!

Depending on how you configure the boost control, if you choose to use it, you can run at least 1 other device powered off a window switch so either a 7th, a nitrous solenoid, shift lite, etc. Plus your alky, of course.

OK this is interesting. This unit can be used to simultaneously control ALKY, BOOST, and if the boost is configured for one solenoid it can also control NO2.

This brings up a couple more questions. Can two soleniods be piggybacked for boost control (like with a Boost Commander unit) to give an extended range of control and only occupy one of the units soleniod/relay outputs? Is the units capacity for controlling NO2 simple like a spool-up shot or could it be used for progressive hits as well? And would it be capable of delivering a Spool-up shot and also have something trigger a progressive hit when the car shifts to 2nd gear say by tapping into the 2nd gear pressure switch using only one of its solenoid/relay outputs?

I dont really know how the boost commander works but if it's two solenoids working as one, sure, you could do it.

That leaves you with one spare output you can use however you want. It will not do anything progressive but will let you configure the way the window switch works.

So.. you could do boost control with a single solenoid, use the other channel for a window switch and control your alky all in one.

Id suggest you download the software and play with it. Pretty much what you see is what you get, just no datalogging because youre not hooked up to a unit.

The unit also has a myriad of inputs that can be used for gear change inputs, etc.

Here's a link to the software.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/277860-current-isac-software-demo.html

Talked to Bob about your question last night and apparently with a software revision, you can do dual solenoid wastegate control AND still have an extra channel left for a window switch.

That will be incorporated into a future software revision.

Very nice!!! takes away the clutter of so many boxes controling so many diffrent functions at once!!

ISACs will be in stock and ready to ship Wed, Oct 28th.

Observations

OK things I noticed on the dyno video.

Was I missing something or did boost seem to come up really quick? Very impressive boost response if that is the case.

Was the test car an external gated turbo?

Was the ISAC controlling boost along with AF ratios ?

Will the ISAC work with the FAST WB sensor? Sorry if that seems redundant but not sure which brand the FAST uses?

How will this work on a car with a classic FAST unit? Does it piggyback the FAST?

Thanks

OK things I noticed on the dyno video.

Was I missing something or did boost seem to come up really quick? Very impressive boost response if that is the case.

The ISAC was controlling the boost. It has a couple of features in it to promote quick spoolup.

Was the test car an external gated turbo?

That car was. We've run them both ways.

Was the ISAC controlling boost along with AF ratios ?

Yes

Will the ISAC work with the FAST WB sensor? Sorry if that seems redundant but not sure which brand the FAST uses?

The Classic FAST doesnt support any kind of wideband out signal.

How will this work on a car with a classic FAST unit? Does it piggyback the FAST?

No.. it wires directly to the sensors.

The ISAC was controlling the boost. It has a couple of features in it to promote quick spoolup.

That car was. We've run them both ways.

Yes

The Classic FAST doesnt support any kind of wideband out signal.

No.. it wires directly to the sensors.

So I cant use this with a FAST unit? Or do I splice the ISAC into the wires directly?

This a very interesting product.

You can use it with a FAST. It just wires into your factory harness. All you need is a couple of wire taps.

You can use the wideband on the FAST to control fuel delivery and use the ISAC to control the boost and the alcohol delivery. If you want to use the wideband feature on the ISAC, you'd need an aftermarket wideband.

The ISAC does not have a built in pressure sensor but you can use the 3 BAR you have with your FAST. Just tap the wire and connect the appropriate wire from the ISAC. They work fine together.

That would be nice because I still dont think I have the fuel map dialed in correctly when it comes to tuning with alky.

I will be looking for this to give it a try.

Thanks

Well, FWIW, Ive tuned a couple of cars with ISACs and its pretty easy to tune. Basically set up your turn on points, set your baseline pump speed, set your ramp speed for the pump and zero out the sliders and make a pull on the car. From there, you can tweak the sliders to get the curve where you want it.

I am so glad you got one bud! Can't wait to hear what you think!!!!!

It'll be a while. The old gal is going to get a little engine freshening before I put it on and crank the boost. It's picked up a little tick that I can't quite place and I'm tired of adding EOS at an oil change

I'll tell you why I bought IASC though. Last year a friend left her car at the body shop with an older SMC alky kit when she got it back it had an empty alky tank and a nasty knock. I wanted the combined boost and alky features for the protection.

Plus It's a neat toy

Here's an easy way to make cheap mounting brackets for it with simple parts, ie. hardware store brackets about $4, a hammer, and a metal surface I used a large vise to do bends and hammer on. Simple blacksmith work.

I'm sure the showcar pros could do them in hammered copper or gold plate. :eek: :p

3" I believe right angle brackets one side rebent to go around the ISAC the other bent upwards slightly to slide into the gray material under the radio pod.

Mine holds without any screws and doesn't slide anywhere mostly due to all the wires from the harnesses behind it.

Had to drill the mounting holes to match the existing case screws and they were reused with some star lock washers. Easy stuff.

They could be painted black and wouldn't be noticed at all even from a side view, but then again I'm rarely down on the passenger floor looking around at the radio pod. ;)

Oh yea, the coil cord and most of the dirt is gone another plus of installing an all in one product. :cool:

ISACandbracketsonhood.jpg

ISACbottomviewbrackets.jpg

ISACsideviewbracketsonhood.jpg

ISACmountedcloseup.jpg